Real Talk on the Loss

You can say "this game isn't on Rosier, it's on the whole team". But if Rosier could hit HALF of those deep throws like Kaaya did last year against Pitt, we have 35+ points and beat them by 2+ TD's. Our running game comes alive if he hits just 2 of those terrible misses. O Line gave him time multiple plays, Wide Receivers got open, Homer had the blitz pickup, Richt calls a play and everyone on the field executed, but Rosier still has 4+ misses on deep throws. If you don't want to say Rosier was at fault, then Jon Richt is the next guy in line because Rosier sucked passing the ball today, and Evan Sherriefs came in and wasn't ready to take control and make it "his moment".

Richt made the decision to live with this inconsistency of Rosier's passing and guess what? We're 10-1 with MULTIPLE comeback games this year. Should they have been comeback games in the first place? Don't care...10 wins, won our division, still have a chance at winning the ACC plus getting into the playoffs. Rosier had a terrible passing performance today, but he's still my QB.

Basically, if we could make a QB with the attributes of Kaaya in the passing game and Rosier with the legs and gamer mindset, we be straight, eh?

Advertisement
I like Rosier for his contributions to the team’s success this year. And it was a successful year. I appreciate Rosier and what the team accomplished, but talk of a NC is unrealistic until Miami has a QB with a future as a NFL starter. Here, I pin my hopes on Perry. Reports from summer claimed that he could make the throws. Had he enrolled early, he might have won the job. With the team at 10-1, no way Rosier loses the job now. Next year, the job is Perry’s if there is substance to the summer reports.

More depth and elite talent at RB is arriving next year. Add OL improvement, and UM will have a running game to complement the passing, which it did not consistently have this year. Two stud TEs could be coming, which will improve both passing and running.

Rosier, Homer, and the seniors on the OL helped make UM relevant again. They have nothing to be ashamed of. But, their role has been to renew the expectation of winning. They helped transition the team from mediocre to good. The next year or two will see other players complete the transition to great.

most of the OL is coming back and they are ***. Expecting true freshman to make an impact on the OL is madness. OL will be the exact same. ***. I would say we need an influx of talent, but we have highly sought out guys there now. We need to upgrade our strength in the trenches.

The whole line is not ***, the whole LEFT SIDE of the line is ***...they are gone after this season. Better hope our 17 recruits have been in the weight room and getting coached up...we have some young talent at O Line.

I like Rosier for his contributions to the team’s success this year. And it was a successful year. I appreciate Rosier and what the team accomplished, but talk of a NC is unrealistic until Miami has a QB with a future as a NFL starter. Here, I pin my hopes on Perry. Reports from summer claimed that he could make the throws. Had he enrolled early, he might have won the job. With the team at 10-1, no way Rosier loses the job now. Next year, the job is Perry’s if there is substance to the summer reports.

More depth and elite talent at RB is arriving next year. Add OL improvement, and UM will have a running game to complement the passing, which it did not consistently have this year. Two stud TEs could be coming, which will improve both passing and running.

Rosier, Homer, and the seniors on the OL helped make UM relevant again. They have nothing to be ashamed of. But, their role has been to renew the expectation of winning. They helped transition the team from mediocre to good. The next year or two will see other players complete the transition to great.

most of the OL is coming back and they are ***. Expecting true freshman to make an impact on the OL is madness. OL will be the exact same. ***. I would say we need an influx of talent, but we have highly sought out guys there now. We need to upgrade our strength in the trenches.

The whole line is not ***, the whole LEFT SIDE of the line is ***...they are gone after this season. Better hope our 17 recruits have been in the weight room and getting coached up...we have some young talent at O Line.

McDermott and Darling are seniors. On the right side, Donaldson has AA potential and is a true freshman. Gaynor is another freshman and looked good when he had to replace Donaldson. St. Louis has made strides this year. If the underclassmen perform well, including the 2018 class, the left side should improve. Two years ago, the OL was a disaster. It has improved to the serviceable level. If it continues to improve, plus have the luxury of an elite RB and QB, the offense should look much better next year.

True story...I am so sick of watching Trevor Darling run right by McDermott getting blown up and his Sh$t pushed in only to go block someone 5 yards down the field while the NT blows Homer up in the backfield.

Why cant we go up to Mich and Wisky and recruit some big nasty biggens? We havent had attitude on this o line since 02

Advertisement
Blaming Rosier without mentioning that he had no running game at all is dishonest!
It’s hard to fathom that we have one of the worst olines in the ACC! CMR was made one dimensional
and it’s **** near impossible to win game with out the threat of a run game!

So yes I am not happy with Rosiers performance, but I am also dumb founded that we have these
clowns on the oline at a major Div 1 program! These guys can’t move a defender 1 yard off the line?

I was at the game. The WR’s were running alone by themselves & he was either missing his throw or not seeing them. Sad performance.

Considering Rosier is a 50% completion guy, 10-1 is not bad... The problem is he wasn't even 50% today..

As much as Im ****ed at Malik... The fact that we don't have an o line that can push the pile is hindering us. Only way we can run effectively is when we set the pass up to run or when we are doing misdirections. Can can't run any I formations to get a yard or two or even a ******* single back formation. The fact that Richt made this **** work all ******* year except this game is ******* amazing. We need Herbert and Donaldson to be tested main guys next yr....

You can say "this game isn't on Rosier, it's on the whole team". But if Rosier could hit HALF of those deep throws like Kaaya did last year against Pitt, we have 35+ points and beat them by 2+ TD's. Our running game comes alive if he hits just 2 of those terrible misses. O Line gave him time multiple plays, Wide Receivers got open, Homer had the blitz pickup, Richt calls a play and everyone on the field executed, but Rosier still has 4+ misses on deep throws. If you don't want to say Rosier was at fault, then Jon Richt is the next guy in line because Rosier sucked passing the ball today, and Evan Sherriefs came in and wasn't ready to take control and make it "his moment".

Richt made the decision to live with this inconsistency of Rosier's passing and guess what? We're 10-1 with MULTIPLE comeback games this year. Should they have been comeback games in the first place? Don't care...10 wins, won our division, still have a chance at winning the ACC plus getting into the playoffs. Rosier had a terrible passing performance today, but he's still my QB.

IMG_1507.JPG

Advertisement
Rosier is what he is, ND, Georgia, Wisky, Alabama, etc.. are the same, if you make them 1 dimensional stopping the run, the qbs canrt beat you with there arms, it is what it is,

Blaming Rosier without mentioning that he had no running game at all is dishonest!
It’s hard to fathom that we have one of the worst olines in the ACC! CMR was made one dimensional

So yes I am not happy with Rosiers performance, but I am also dumb founded that we have these
clowns on the oline at a major Div 1 program! These guys can’t move a defender 1 yard off the line?

He missed 4+ deep balls and overthrew a few medium passes... I'm not buying that, he didn't even make good pre snap reads. There were like 3 plays I saw the blitz coming... He has to do better... The Defense played with less passion... the Oline gave him enough time to make all the throws he missed. He needs to do better that's all.

As much as Im ****ed at Malik... The fact that we don't have an o line that can push the pile is hindering us. Only way we can run effectively is when we set the pass up to run or when we are doing misdirections. Can can't run any I formations to get a yard or two or even a ****ing single back formation. The fact that Richt made this **** work all ****ing year except this game is ****ing amazing. We need Herbert and Donaldson to be tested main guys next yr....
They were stacking the box since they wanted Malik to beat them. That’s why our guys were wide open plenty but he couldn’t make the throws.

If Rosier completed more passes they would respect the pass but guess what? They didn’t! And they stacked the box and dared Malik to beat them passing. A 5’9 one armed bandit covered our best receiver which is 6’2 by the way because they felt no threat from the passing game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back