Real issues?

WE DON'T PLAY WITH A PRO STYLE OFFENCE.

Since 2016 we've literally sat back in Shotgun and slung the rock around - with RPOs the only way we've really succeeded.

For whatever reason our players can't execute anything more complex than that.
I agree we run a multiple offense.. But we have pro style guys trying to meld multiple things and then also force in their pro stuff to make a hybrid offense.. Why get pro style guys to run some multiple system in college with limited practice time? Just go get a true spread guy to Light up scoreboards.. As soon as I hear a pro style guy talking buzzwords like "multiple" and such I already know what time it is.. and am reminded of article from years ago talking about different spreads and then mentions the pro style spread guys

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...-offense-smashmouth-option-air-raid-pro-style

The good pro-style spread teams are concept based, like the Air Raid, and try to do a few things really well. The bad ones try to mix in spread formations and concepts with pro-style language and approaches, call themselves "multiple," and are inefficient at most everything.

It's very difficult for college teams to actually be really, really good at multiple comprehensive concepts. The amount of practice time and the versatility or roster depth necessary to be balanced between the run and pass is usually beyond most programs. You see this most prominently at tight end.

Advertisement
Outside of BOT, ADs, etc...

We’ve had 5 coaches since we were on the mountain top.

A blind deaf coach can luck himself into a 11 win season here.

All 5 coaches can’t be that bad can they? Maybe a couple sure, but there is no way they all are hot trash.

Are other programs really investing that much more into the program than us?

Over the past 10+ years when we step on to the field it looks like we never practiced that week. If you tune in on any other game you’ll see what a team is supposed to look like. Are other teams popping adderal before games and not us? I’m convinced we only practice with full pads once a week.

Are we supremely overrating our talent? We have QBs who can’t throw, OL who can’t block, WRs who can’t catch.

What in the actual **** is going on. Mark Richt abruptly left. Left a whole bunch of money on the table. Who knows the real reason.

Simple answer: Our administration and board or trustees.
Honestly, I place most of the blame on our BOT. Blake James, Culcutt, and the other ***get that escapes my mind would have never been hired or still employed if not for the BOT.
They don’t don’t give **** about Miami football and never have. That is why James, Strawly, Calcut, Shannon, Golden, Manny etc.. continue to be hired and/or retained or extended.
They don’t care!! They don’t care about your money, football, winning tradition or anything else. As long as the ACC checks clear to pay for woman’s volley ball, it’s all good.
Get mad and tare their ivory towers down. Have some pride as a man and Don’t stand for this mediocrity anymore.

Advertisement
Back