Real Chance We're In The Top 10 This Week

Cane4life18

Senior
Losses by teams ranked ahead of us this week:
#6 - Texas A&M
#8 - Notre Dame
#9 - Baylor
#12 - Florida

I expect Texas A&M to be ranked in the top 15. They'll want to promote Miami vs. Texas A&M as a Top15 showdown.

Advertisement
Ed Reed GIF by Miami Hurricanes

The cbs sham ballot predicts A&M unranked, UF will at 12 and us still at 15. I'm sure that won't happen.

We should be top 10. With how we played I'd say no but with how everyone else played I think we should be up there.

Advertisement
Kentucky, Arkansas and Tennessee will all make the Sec jump.

A&M and UF will be around 20.

Ole Miss will creep up after beating a Directional Michigan school

Miss St will def be ranked.

Auburn after big wins over Mercer and holding off San Jose St will be close.

Advertisement
It sure as **** didn't feel like I was watching a top 10 team yesterday, so whatever. Had to go the distance in the first half to jump on top of the mighty Southern Mississippi GOLDEN Eagles with 20 seconds left in the first half. We really took it to then with 20 second half points.

Losses by teams ranked ahead of us this week:
#6 - Texas A&M
#8 - Notre Dame
#9 - Baylor
#12 - Florida

I expect Texas A&M to be ranked in the top 15. They'll want to promote Miami vs. Texas A&M as a Top15 showdown.
Why are you writing this nonsense? You know that we are not a top 10 team. We have a lot of holes.

We might be jumped by Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and BYU. Also, TAMU, Baylor, and UF may stay ahead of us.

I’m anticipating a rankings drop TBH.
I'd be ecstatic top 10 is the last thing we need heading to College Station. The only reason we would be top 10 is to position A&M for another rankings jump.

Advertisement
These rankings are cool but they have so little meaning.

Texas is unranked. Are they really that good enough to hang with Bama, or is Bama worse than they usually are and struggled against a bad team. Only time will tell.

The UF gassing last week was laughable. We know nothing about them or Utah, but they jumped 26 spots. Now they gave enough cushion to stay ranked after being bullied at home.

ND looked really good last week hanging with OSU, but clearly isnt very good. So is OSU really that good? Is that an impressive win anymore?

The only team that has been objectively and definitively good is UGA. other than that rankings are meaningless.

Makes you appreciate the CFP system more. They wait to have a legitimate sample size and let all team establish something before ranking.

Advertisement
I sometimes wonder if any of the AP writers or "coaches" are ever held responsible for being SOOOO off with the pre-season rankings. I mean Notre Lame at 5, 8&4 at 6th, and then over rating UF. There's clearly an agenda, but they're allowed to get away with it because it's just how things are done.

Advertisement
Back