Read option with Perry

The threat of the zone read read alone would help the ol immensely. The de couldn’t just crash down every play. Which makes this more mind boggling.

Even using bigger splits with the sone read would be huge to the ol. That alone would open more running lanes for the backs and also open up the passing game with that threat.

But that won’t happen lol.

Advertisement
I hate the read option if the QB is not going to run. No RPO.

They will never do it but you just need to spread them out and use a quicker passing game. You could watch a dozen games this weekend and see QBs all throwing the ball at 2 seconds or less.

If we do the same the OL has 100x less pressure.
Once the DL knows they aren't getting there, they don't play with the same intensity. It's deflating knowing you have no chance to get to the QB before he gets rid of it. Instead, we feed the wolves with QB steaks and ribs.

If we went to more spread and read option QB run game would that get the opposing DL on their heels? At this point, I'm grasping at straws looking for ways to help this line and wonder if this would be enough to at least slow the pass rush? And I'm sure Enos would rather run more traditional pro-style sets but this seems like an area where N'Kosi could give us an advantage.

It would work for Jarren, too.

He is dangerous when he runs decisively. He is trying to force himself to be a pass first qb.

He is a run threat from read option. All of our quarterbacks are. They ain’t Lamar Jackson, but will get first downs if you disrespect it.

Advertisement
Just f'ing spread them out. That's it! Miami's offense looked great vs VT..when spread out. Miami's offense last year vs Pitt looked great...when spread out. Don't make the defense play close to each other where you neuter Miami's speed.

Then, once ALL THIS has been established for a couple qtr.'s, you run a 3 or 5 drop play action.
100% agree with this and have been screaming at the TV all year for it to happen.
I'm admittedly not an X's and O's guy but it just seems like with all of our speed we would constantly spread the field to try and get the speedsters in space

I hate the read option if the QB is not going to run. No RPO.

They will never do it but you just need to spread them out and use a quicker passing game. You could watch a dozen games this weekend and see QBs all throwing the ball at 2 seconds or less.

If we do the same the OL has 100x less pressure.

ala The Patriots offense is quick reads simple execute to a T..

Advertisement
It would definitely help. We wouldn't need Perry to run the ball 15 times a game, but the threat of him keeping it on a read option would for sure help hold the backside DE giving our RBs cutback lanes.
At this point we need to make the De’s think about something more than setting sack record against us.

Perry’s not a runner. Put him on in the gun and run the offense we ran against Vag Tech. Coach him up to take off and run quickly if the sea parts in front of him.
He may not be Vince young but he looked more explosive running against VT. Again I’m searching for anyway we can slow down opposing DL’s.

Advertisement
Bring the clap back. 🤣 :ROFLMAO:

1570726660892.png

Advertisement
If we went to more spread and read option QB run game would that get the opposing DL on their heels? At this point, I'm grasping at straws looking for ways to help this line and wonder if this would be enough to at least slow the pass rush? And I'm sure Enos would rather run more traditional pro-style sets but this seems like an area where N'Kosi could give us an advantage.

I have been waiting all my life for our program to exploit opposing defenses with a running QB and a up Tempo offense! For some reason we can’t hire a coach that wants to run what would make us a better team instantly! It’s amazing!

We too busy trying to the Wisconsin of the south!!!

Advertisement
Back