RB targets

I understand. You only know what you know and don’t know what you don’t. We have sucked for 20 years so you are accustomed to 1 good premier back, a kid coming off a lisfranc, a 5’9 180 JAG of all JAGS and a true freshman H Back being “plenty” at RB. I don’t blame you, mediocrity is all that you have seen around here.
Warm bodies.

Advertisement
I understand. You only know what you know and don’t know what you don’t. We have sucked for 20 years so you are accustomed to 1 good premier back, a kid coming off a lisfranc, a 5’9 180 JAG of all JAGS and a true freshman H Back being “plenty” at RB. I don’t blame you, mediocrity is all that you have seen around here.
Putting aside the fact that you're a condescending douche, I agree with what you're saying in theory, but I don't see how we allocate resources to a second RB via the portal when we have to land another receiver, DE, DT, LB, corner (perhaps 2) and safety. Oh and we have to cut at least a dozen guys to get there.

A kid like Martinez is a workhorse for a reason

If Porter (4th year guy), Richard (3rd year guy) and to a lesser extend Brown (2nd year guy but was a premier CB recruit) aint ready by now..When will they be? And now you got Powell in the mix too..I mean what are we waiting for? Unless you are saying you dont think Porter, Richard and Brown are any good. Then thats another story. I would disagree with you there overall.

But I have said in prevoius posts about the CB portal argument..what CB worth anything is going to come here to compete? These guys in the portal for the most part want guaranteed starting jobs. Now if you are talking about just getting a depth piece that has no expectations of getting a starting job..thats a different story.
We need depth! Plain and simple.

Hope we can sell 2 dudes on splitting carries with each other and saving some tread on their tires for the next level, especially if Citizen leaves. We are literally going into 2024 without our top 3 leading rushers from 2023 and only 2 guys that have collegiate carries.

We NEED 2 backs.

You called it!!

Advertisement

Yea...

Mario is all-in on trying to compete with UGA, Texas, Alabama and the top-tier programs by this coming season with Cam. One might argue we have the best QB in the nation.

Expect our transfer activity to complement Cam and mirror the talent-level of top-tier programs.

Advertisement
Advertisement

This gonna sound crazy coming from me, but I kinda actually hope he goes to UGA...

Because if he did, he would take away more carries from their TF's & it might help to push either Chauncey Bowens or Dwight Phillips into the Portal by this December.

Advertisement

This gonna sound crazy coming from me, but I kinda actually hope he goes to UGA...

Because if he did, he would take away more carries from their TF's & it might help to push either Chauncey Bowens or Dwight Phillips into the Portal by this December.

Don’t see Phillips going anywhere.

Advertisement
Back