RB targets

Mods, feel free to merge if this needs to go somewhere. I’ve been looking for updates regarding RB targets out the portal post-spring.

Some rumblings that Fletch iffy, making RB priority #1 in 2nd window.

I know Pate & D$ have both stated publicly they expect Miami to sign a massive addition at halfback.

I previously was told CJ was interested, but it appears Miami going big game hunting. Anyone got any info? Who would y’all like to sign?
Rumblings that Fletch iffy to come back at all this season?

Advertisement
It’s too early to get timetable. With how our luck has been (Lingard & Citizen) would you be surprised if Fletch doesn’t play this year?

A game changing RB is a must.
Are you kidding? LOL Heck no I wouldn't be at all surprised. I got really suspicious when Mario started to claim that Fletcher would be 100% in the summer. I could see that foot injury nagging him all year TBH. I agree 100% that we need a game changer at RB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One thing I wouldnt do..is rush Fletcher back. If we need to go get a one year stop gap in the portal to hold down the fort so we can bring him along slowly as the season goes on...then so be it. But that UF game is WAY too important for us to trot out a 75% healthy Fletcher. I wouldnt even risk it. Every move Mario makes should be solely based on making sure we beat UF on Aug 31... And it sounds like Fletcher might not be 100% by then. So he has to make a move.

Then Mario needs to make RB as prioritized as CB and DT. There are plenty of names and we have the NIL it seems but I ******* HATE that we lost Fletcher in that stupid meaningless bowl game.
If I remember correctly, Dmoney said we aren’t necessarily looking for a starting CB. If we do end up bringing one it, it’ll be for depth purposes. I would assume RB is the higher priority. I really hope there is a strong rb available in the portal

If I remember correctly, Dmoney said we aren’t necessarily looking for a starting CB. If we do end up bringing one it, it’ll be for depth purposes. I would assume RB is the higher priority. I really hope there is a strong rb available in the portal
Huge mistake. Not enough talent in that room to be ready. Need another solid CB.

Advertisement
Huge mistake. Not enough talent in that room to be ready. Need another solid CB.
I understand what you’re saying. But if we bring in a cb1 caliber guy, Brown is most likely gone. Dmoney said that we paid him a lot to even keep him here. It sounds like the staff really likes their top 3 guys

Last edited:
If Porter (4th year guy), Richard (3rd year guy) and to a lesser extend Brown (2nd year guy but was a premier CB recruit) aint ready by now..When will they be? And now you got Powell in the mix too..I mean what are we waiting for? Unless you are saying you dont think Porter, Richard and Brown are any good. Then thats another story. I would disagree with you there overall.

But I have said in prevoius posts about the CB portal argument..what CB worth anything is going to come here to compete? These guys in the portal for the most part want guaranteed starting jobs. Now if you are talking about just getting a depth piece that has no expectations of getting a starting job..thats a different story.

Advertisement
It seems like Miami already knows the RB they're getting in the portal. That's what's being implied by pretty much everyone.

You don't like any of our corners i'm assuming? Shocker coming from you.

Gonna go out on a limb that the “yikes” is for posters implying that the staff being “afraid” to bring in a true proven CB1 may run off a guy who hasn’t earned/proven anything and is only slated to start now due to how ******* porous our CB recruiting has been for far too long.

Advertisement
Back