RB screens

DeadPoets

Senior
I'd like to see us use more RB screens ala McGahee in 2002, etc.
Florida was pinning their ears back all day & it would have been wise to try and get Duke Johnson the ball in space with blockers in front.

Just hope we see more offensive design to slow down the pass rush. I know James Coley was rolling Morris out of the pocket... but Morris looked shaky throwing against his body - and eventually tems will wise up to the PA-FB flats play we run.

Advertisement
I'd like to see us use more RB screens ala McGahee in 2002, etc.
Florida was pinning their ears back all day & it would have been wise to try and get Duke Johnson the ball in space with blockers in front.

Just hope we see more offensive design to slow down the pass rush. I know James Coley was rolling Morris out of the pocket... but Morris looked shaky throwing against his body - and eventually tems will wise up to the PA-FB flats play we run.

Not one screen pass to Duke, its criminal.

:ohlord:

i was disappointed in Coley's play calling after UF made adjustments. The guy planned against UF for years, figure that experience would have helped us more than it did.

But ****, it's his second game and we won so ima happy camper

Glad I'm not the only one that found some of the play calling a little shaky. The RB screen is one thing that can certainly slow down a pass rush.

UF was getting pressure with 3. A RB screen won't do much against that kind of pass rush if they keep their LBs home.

Advertisement
No slants either. No intermediate digs. No seam routes.

Basically the middle of the field has been ignored through 2 games.

This HAS to change.

I completely agree. I thought the UF defense was coming at us so hard that a screen to Duke could have turned into a big play...or at least a first down, which would have been a huge play considering how poor our offense was playing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was sreaming for a HB screen all game long. Love to see us implement that

that defense was hella good we made the plays we needed to

Coley will figure it out he may not be used to having full autonomy

Its different from helping to plan a game vs making the calls live and adjusting on the fly
he is still learning as well...good thing we escaped that game...defense came up big

we have a few more games where he can adjust to the play calling...

we good though

...we have a lot of weapons
and only more are on the way ...this team is rolling...

Advertisement
Back