RB Recuriting

This is what ends up being a problem at Miami. They swing and miss on Options A through F, but they never account for the possibility, so they never seriously evaluate the Vincent Davis' or Keshawn Kings of the world. Maybe they look at them, but they never SERIOUSLY consider them. When the time comes and Options A through F find somewhere else, its November and Miami has no idea wtf to do to fill the spot.

The same, like clockwork, has happened at WR and DB. Its wild the lack of prep by numerous Miami staffs at what should be, cake spots to get talented players, even if they aren't your first choice. This is also why Miami ends up with **** like Dayall Harris and DMauri Jones (great artist, FWIW) instead of Dred Snelson or Demari Simpkins. Its why we end up with Gus Edwards over Zack Moss.

And, I'll keep it very real...I'd take CamRon Davis over pretty much ever back in the state of Florida this year outside of Trey Sanders. Not even worried. That is why I'd be down with taking one of these three star local backs, just to come in and compete. If its not Crowley, Richards, McIntosh, or Nayquan Wright...Daniel Carter or Vincent Davis or Keshawn King are just as good as any. Come in and compete. Its not like the bottom 1/4 of our roster is any good. If you can play a little bit, I am giving you a shot to take a job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just to pitch ideas...if you miss on Kenny McIntosh...I'd call his brother Deon. Haven't seen him commit anywhere after a stint in SCOOBA, MS.

Running back shouldn’t be a concern we have a bunch on the roster and none of the ones that will get playing time are leaving. However I think we should at least try to get one.

Advertisement
This is what ends up being a problem at Miami. They swing and miss on Options A through F, but they never account for the possibility, so they never seriously evaluate the Vincent Davis' or Keshawn Kings of the world. Maybe they look at them, but they never SERIOUSLY consider them. When the time comes and Options A through F find somewhere else, its November and Miami has no idea wtf to do to fill the spot.

The same, like clockwork, has happened at WR and DB. Its wild the lack of prep by numerous Miami staffs at what should be, cake spots to get talented players, even if they aren't your first choice. This is also why Miami ends up with **** like Dayall Harris and DMauri Jones (great artist, FWIW) instead of Dred Snelson or Demari Simpkins. Its why we end up with Gus Edwards over Zack Moss.

And, I'll keep it very real...I'd take CamRon Davis over pretty much ever back in the state of Florida this year outside of Trey Sanders. Not even worried. That is why I'd be down with taking one of these three star local backs, just to come in and compete. If its not Crowley, Richards, McIntosh, or Nayquan Wright...Daniel Carter or Vincent Davis or Keshawn King are just as good as any. Come in and compete. Its not like the bottom 1/4 of our roster is any good. If you can play a little bit, I am giving you a shot to take a job.

Well said.

I like 2019 RB/ath DJ Williams highlights, he is close to the 1000yds rushing / 1000yds passing mark.

Go Canes

Yes. He average over 11 yards a carry. In those highlights there are d1 commits and offers all on them. If he run 30 times a game he would have 2,000 + yards. He is visting top 3 sec school next week. And maybe a big 10 school that puts running backs in the league the following, if he can make it.

This position is irrelevant to ***** about. We have Mark Richt as a head coach and he might be the best running back producer of the 21st century.

Advertisement
Losing Crowley sucks cuz he’s legit but if no one leaves I’m happy with what they have going into next year. Lingard Dallas and Homer with Burns and Davis to push for time.

Idk what MAR is gonna do. Seems like he is gonna end up at an SEC school.

The short answer is that this class is a disaster.

But if I wanted to salvage this mess, I like Vincent Davis (Pitt commit) from Gibbons.

While we don't have as many head-to-head battles this year as we've had historically, the fact that we have such a garbage class (which will get worse) in a year where F$U is a nuclear disaster is damning as ****. We should be punishing our most direct recruiting rival mercilessly. Instead, we are competing for whose ship can sink faster.

Last edited:
Jaquez Stuart from MNW (North Miami originally) he's a pure speedster that's committed to Toledo & if you don't think he can play here because he's going to Tol, so did Kareem Hunt who's a top 5 back in the NFL.

Or try to flip Keshawn King from Va Tech, I always liked his running style & he's been an incredibly productive back at Oakleaf, his Soph year he rushed for 1,315yds & 16TD's, his Junior year he rushed for 1,427yds 16TD's & this year he's rushed for 1,758yds with 26TD's. He's got great balance & speed, Idk how the **** we let him go to Va Tech in the first place.

Or, try to lean on our STA connects & get Daniel Carter. I also like DJ Williams from Sebring, would need Edge's help landing him though.
Those are smaller guys running behind this inept offensive line??????

Advertisement
Those are smaller guys running behind this inept offensive line??????
Keshawn King is 5'11 190lbs
DJ Williams from Sebring is 5'11 200lbs
Daniel Carter is 5'10 205lbs

Those are all above average size for RB's, the only one that could be considered small is Jacquez Stuart due to his weight, he's around 175-180lbs ish, which isn't that small considering he would add good weight once in a S&C program. Plus he makes up for it with his speed.

DJ Williams is so special it's crazy! Rumor is, he's going to a top 3 program in the country. How did Miami let him get away is a better question. They told the coaches at Sebring last week that they had enough commits at tailback! You don't just shun away Edge's nephew, who by the way is running behind 2 sophomores, 2 freshman, and 2 of those kids are 5'6 160 pounds soaking wet! The offensive line is really the Achilles heel at Sebring and this kid just went over 1300 rushing and 1200 passing last week! Just hate to see him in that SEC uniform when he wanted to be a Cane from day one, ESPECIALLY in this cycle.. but it is what it is.

DJ Williams is so special it's crazy! Rumor is, he's going to a top 3 program in the country. How did Miami let him get away is a better question. They told the coaches at Sebring last week that they had enough commits at tailback! You don't just shun away Edge's nephew, who by the way is running behind 2 sophomores, 2 freshman, and 2 of those kids are 5'6 160 pounds soaking wet! The offensive line is really the Achilles heel at Sebring and this kid just went over 1300 rushing and 1200 passing last week! Just hate to see him in that SEC uniform when he wanted to be a Cane from day one, ESPECIALLY in this cycle.. but it is what it is.

On a different note this is like the 4th or 5th kid that is related to Edge that is a P5 recruit in the last 10 years that I can remember. We should assign a coach to that family.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back