RB Recruiting

Geddy Lee

Living In The Limelight
So we have 4 rb’s on the roster and with our history it’s no guarantee Cam Harris will come back next season and Burns will be eligible to play as a grad transfer if he chooses to do so. Do we take 2-3 rb’s this cycle?

Advertisement
I think 2 as well. But the 25 class cap rule is going to be our enemy here. The guy better be elite. We have so many needs, especially OL. I'd rather take only Franklin and use ofr another spot unless the second kid is a baller.

I think 2 as well. But the 25 class cap rule is going to be our enemy here. The guy better be elite. We have so many needs, especially OL. I'd rather take only Franklin and use ofr another spot unless the second kid is a baller.
True. 5 OL for sure especially with Donaldson graduating and Hillary and Herbert likely transferring after this year. But yea 2 rbs. Unless Harris has a huge year, he should stay all 4 years. I feel Burns might transfer after this year.

Franklin still "committed"?

Advertisement
Looks like a down year for RBs especially in state. Might be better off just keeping Thad locked in and recruiting other positions

Advertisement
Take two RBs this cycle. 25 cap is enough to get it done. Take 1QB-2RB-4WR-2TEs-4OL-1Kicker-2DE-2DTs-3LB-4DBs(3 CB, 1 Safety)
You really think they would take 4 WR's? Harley is the only one leaving after this year. I did a breakdown yesterday and I feel they will take 3.

You really think they would take 4 WR's? Harley is the only one leaving after this year. I did a breakdown yesterday and I feel they will take 3.
If all 4 of Brooks-Brinson-Alexis-George wants in, they all get in. In the spread we're running we need guys for competition and honestly for game reps as well. If Wiggins goes nuts in the new offense he's out of here, even if he shouldn't. Harley is a SR. Also have to account for injuries hitting. I mean if we have 1 guy go down, another get dinged up for a week or two, our numbers will be scary low. I think we need to take 5WR if Yulkeith wants in and then we have to maybe take 2 LBs instead of 3.

Advertisement
If all 4 of Brooks-Brinson-Alexis-George wants in, they all get in. In the spread we're running we need guys for competition and honestly for game reps as well. If Wiggins goes nuts in the new offense he's out of here, even if he shouldn't. Harley is a SR. Also have to account for injuries hitting. I mean if we have 1 guy go down, another get dinged up for a week or two, our numbers will be scary low. I think we need to take 5WR if Yulkeith wants in and then we have to maybe take 2 LBs instead of 3.
I agree with that. If those 4 want in then you can't turn them down. Eh I think you need to take 3 lbs. Steed and Jennings are injury prone and there is no guarantee they will be here next year.

Take two RBs this cycle. 25 cap is enough to get it done. Take 1QB-2RB-4WR-2TEs-4OL-1Kicker-2DE-2DTs-3LB-4DBs(3 CB, 1 Safety)
I like this but that 4th WR is a luxury. It could be a 5th OL, 3rd DT or 4th LB, etc. My hope is to make it to 25 period. 25 every single cycle needs to start happening... washing out the jags and such.

I like this but that 4th WR is a luxury. It could be a 5th OL, 3rd DT or 4th LB, etc. My hope is to make it to 25 period. 25 every single cycle needs to start happening... washing out the jags and such.
I'd rather take a 5th OL. ******, Herbert, and Hillary likely won't be here next year. Need to overhaul that entire group. Off to a good start with River and the 3 dudes that committed for 2021. I don't know much about Chris Washington.

Advertisement
I'd rather take a 5th OL. ******, Herbert, and Hillary likely won't be here next year. Need to overhaul that entire group. Off to a good start with River and the 3 dudes that committed for 2021. I don't know much about Chris Washington.
Just depends on the level of talent between the 2. If the 4th WR is AR82 2.0 and the 5th OL is Nick Linder... I'll take the WR. Bottom line is WE NEED 25 EVERY CYCLE

If we have a starting 5 o line that plays great without the inclusion of ND, hillery, and herbert than maybe they all leave but I wouldn't wanna assume they're all gone next year. Early feedback from Washington on 247 regarding spring was positive, I think it said he looked raw but athletically was better than anticipated.

Just depends on the level of talent between the 2. If the 4th WR is AR82 2.0 and the 5th OL is Nick Linder... I'll take the WR. Bottom line is WE NEED 25 EVERY CYCLE
Agreed. PT will be there especially in this offense for WR's and hopefully the offense rolls this year so it attracts the skill position players.

If we have a starting 5 o line that plays great without the inclusion of ND, hillery, and herbert than maybe they all leave but I wouldn't wanna assume they're all gone next year. Early feedback from Washington on 247 regarding spring was positive, I think it said he looked raw but athletically was better than anticipated.
Good news on Washington. I just know Herbert and Hillary will be 5th year seniors in 2021 and if they don't crack the rotation this year then I'm sure they will be encouraged to transfer or leave on their own. Herbert was getting first team snaps in the spring so maybe it's finally clicking for him.

Advertisement
Back