RB recruiting at the big 3

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
UF had RB-Dalvin cook 4* who flipped to FSU

FSU had RB-Joseph Yearby 4* who flipped to UM

UM had RB-Brandon Powell 3* who flipped to UF

who got the best and worst of the end results?
I would say..

1.FSU(by a lot, cause Lane and JC will follow)
2.THE U
3.UF

and would you prefer UFs or FSUs backfield over Duke/Yearby/Gus?

I wouldn't..

Advertisement

I would say..

2.THE U
3.UF

I wouldn't..

Much bigger issue is that over the last two years, we've seen talents like Collins, Michel, Cook, and Powell go elsewhere.

Yeah, we ended up with Yearby. But going 1 for 5 in landing big-time runningback recruits in your own backyard is a fail.

I would say..

2.THE U
3.UF

I wouldn't..

FSU has Williams, Cook, Pender, Green and possibly Freeman..Besides Johnson, I like their depth better.

Advertisement
im starting to wonder when weare going to hear some good news......james coley, save us.

I would say..

2.THE U
3.UF

I wouldn't..

Much bigger issue is that over the last two years, we've seen talents like Collins, Michel, Cook, and Powell go elsewhere.

Yeah, we ended up with Yearby. But going 1 for 5 in landing big-time runningback recruits in your own backyard is a fail.

so we should focus on the negative?

and reasonably speaking, we actually got 2 of 5(Powell is not on those other RBs level) over the last 3 years, when you factor in the Freshman All American/ ACC rookie of the Year!

I would say..

2.THE U
3.UF

I wouldn't..

and reasonably speaking, we actually got 2 of 5(Powell is not on those other RBs level) over the last 3 years, when you factor in the Freshman All American/ ACC rookie of the Year!

Not asking you to focus on the negative, but it's the reality of the situation. Results have been subpar, particularly this year. I don't want to turn this thread into another epic Rustlemania thread with a Yearby v. Cook debate, but in my mind, we needed a Cook/Michel in this class. Didn't get one and it will hurt us.

I would say..

2.THE U
3.UF

I wouldn't..

Not asking you to focus on the negative, but it's the reality of the situation. Results have been subpar, particularly this year. I don't want to turn this thread into another epic Rustlemania thread with a Yearby v. Cook debate, but in my mind, we needed a Cook/Michel in this class. Didn't get one and it will hurt us.

don't think Powell is that big of a loss, think he wouldn't get play at RB(3 small guys aint cutting it) here, Berrios is better in the slot, and he would end up at DB...

but agree, missing out on Collins, Cook and Sony is murderous

Advertisement
collins clearly hurts.. he really had the size and skill set to be a good back for us.

if they end up at a big 3 school or a high level sec team you respect the kids decision but Arkansas...we talkin about arkansas...that is the worst choice up there with texas tech.

I agree that FSU has better depth at RB and just about every position which they should considering they have been successful recently and we just get done with the NCAA. However, I would take Duke over any of their RBs any day any time. Yearby is a much better Powell so I'm not too worried about missing out on him.

Advertisement
My biggest concern is that Golden's novelty period is over. When a new coach gets hired there's always an overwhelming sense of hope and excitement, and that always heavily extends into recruiting. For Golden that was destroyed by the NCAA investigation. There is little faith in him and in the program at this point. It seems like local kids and coaches don't respect him and his staff.

I've been a Golden supporter through all of this and I have to say that it's quickly getting harder to remain as such. I'm one more disappointing NSD away from completely falling off the wagon. I've had a feeling that this class will start to unravel at the end of the cycle, and it looks like it's going to come true.

I always like to take AG at his word. Everyone deserves that level of respect until they prove otherwise. He's hinted that there's some good news brewing, and I need to see that -- and soon. All of these decommitments and other garbage happening needs to start making sense or I'm going to lose all faith.

Things needs to start looking and feeling different.

Last edited:
crossover22[]_[];1769643 said:
I like how everyone lumps Powell in with yearby, cook, and Sony.

Powell is one of the elite RB's in the state of Florida, do not get it twisted.

Advertisement

I would say..

2.THE U
3.UF

I wouldn't..

FSU backfield has more depth and versatility, FSU wanted Gus as a fullback

Last edited:

I would say..

2.THE U
3.UF

I wouldn't..

FSU backfield has more depth and versitlity , FSU wanted Gus as a fullback

Says who? Coley was recruiting him for them..

crossover22[]_[];1769643 said:
I like how everyone lumps Powell in with yearby, cook, and Sony.

Powell is one of the elite RB's in the state of Florida, do not get it twisted.

He's not in the same breath as Yearby, Cook, or Sony. He's good but not on par those 3.

True but how many people on here claimed we would be alright with losing Cook and Sony because we have Yearby and Powell. He was very highly thought of until today.

Advertisement
Back