RB position and next year

Ashevegas Cane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
1. Is TG still on his way out or does McFarland's bytchassery buy him another year? Was that all BS to begin with?

2. I really like the Walton\Homer\Burns trio. It is too late to get prep kid in this class and depending in part in the answer to #1 , what about the grad transfer market? What about the RB/WR type from Auburn? Seems to have a similar skill set to McFarland.

3. If **** really hits the fan does Dallas play RB or is there another kid on the roster who may slide over in an emergency? A lot of these kids played both ways at some point in their careers.

Advertisement
1. Is TG still on his way out or does McFarland's bytchassery buy him another year? Was that all BS to begin with?

2. I really like the Walton\Homer\Burns trio. It is too late to get prep kid in this class and depending in part in the answer to #1 , what about the grad transfer market? What about the RB/WR type from Auburn? Seems to have a similar skill set to McFarland.

3. If **** really hits the fan does Dallas play RB or is there another kid on the roster who may slide over in an emergency? A lot of these kids played both ways at some point in their careers.

Charles Perry was a rb in high school and there was a rumor last spring that the staff asked him if he'd be interested in switching to full back and he declined.

I don't think it's time to convert somebody to RB just yet. To me this sucks, not because we needed the kid right now, but because we need to stack players at all positions to be a great team. At some point we need to be able to land 2 potentially great RBs in the same cycle, but I don't think this hurts us too much for 2017. Let's relax and see how the close goes.

Advertisement
with last years trio at lb, and this years trio at lb and owens no way perry ever sees field except on st at lb so changing his postion isn't gonna hurt anyone.

perry has to know has no shot at playing at lb, maybe he transfers but if not why not move to rb.

We need 2 RBs in the 2018 class.

Our RB depth isn't where it needs to be.....and we need a boost of speed at the position - like we're doing at WR and DB in this class....

I know how a lot of people feel about Burns (injury prone) , but the kid was rated higher than Mcfartland and is a hometown kid. We got him and he's an EE.

We should be showing this hometown kid more love than whoopie Goldberg-Mcfartland. With Walton here for another season or two, Holmes and Burns, we are literally in good shape next season. We must win to make a strong case for Lingard

Edit: Homer

Last edited:
We're very thin at RB, but we should be fine as long as Walton and Homer stay healthty.

Advertisement

Our RB depth isn't where it needs to be.....and we need a boost of speed at the position - like we're doing at WR and DB in this class....

Unless we get a grad transfer it looks like we will need three to me. Most teams have at least five scholarship RBs, if we don't pick up anyone late this year we will have four for next year with one graduating and one most likely going pro. That means we will need three next cycle to get to five.

I know how a lot of people feel about Burns (injury prone) , but the kid was rated higher than Mcfartland and is a hometown kid. We got him and he's an EE.

We should be showing this hometown kid more love than whoopie Goldberg-Mcfartland. With Walton here for another season or two, Holmes and Burns, we are literally in good shape next season. We must win to make a strong case for Lingard

While I would have preferred to have McFarland in this class, Burns' sophomore highlights were ridiculous. If he can shake the injury bug, no one will even remember Anfernee McFarragout's name.

Unless we get a grad transfer it looks like we will need three to me. Most teams have at least five scholarship RBs, if we don't pick up anyone late this year we will have four for next year with one graduating and one most likely going pro. That means we will need three next cycle to get to five.

Tyshon Dye, a RB from Clemson announced a couple of weeks ago that he'd be a graduate transfer for this upcoming year. If the staff goes that route he might be someone they go after. Was a 4 star recruit out of Georgia.

Advertisement
I hope we don't pick up some last minute average player this year
. We need talent not bodies in case of injury. Save for next year.

Jealous how Fsu gets all these stud rbs year after year.

Agreed, but I think it was a fair mixture of the injury concern and wanting 2 solid backs in the class. We all know Homer has the skill set and was allegedly doing fine in practice, its just a little unnerving having a single proven guy at the position. If God forbid Walton went done, even briefly....I hope they are feeling VERY strong about what they saw from Homer at RB, not just amazing special teams play.

Advertisement

Agreed, but I think it was a fair mixture of the injury concern and wanting 2 solid backs in the class. We all know Homer has the skill set and was allegedly doing fine in practice, its just a little unnerving having a single proven guy at the position. If God forbid Walton went done, even briefly....I hope they are feeling VERY strong about what they saw from Homer at RB, not just amazing special teams play.

I meant to say homer, glad you understood. I agree with everything you said. If Walton goes down we could be in trouble, with or without Mcfartland cause he wasn't proven at this level either. But would have liked him in this class.

While I would have preferred to have McFarland in this class, Burns' sophomore highlights were ridiculous. If he can shake the injury bug, no one will even remember Anfernee McFarragout's name.

Can someone catch me up with Burns? Is it that he is injury prone or is he coming off a serious injury that puts him at a coin flip of ever being good again?

Gray will be 2nd team back, Homer 3rd and Burns doesn't red shirt.. which will allow for two 5* caliber backs next year and Cam Davis to all fit comfortably in the 2018 class

Advertisement
Back