2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that we're all about stars and long-term upside potential around here, I am too, but there's a kid up here in my backyard that I really wish that our staff would consider. He's only a 3 star kid and currently committed the NFL launchpad known as of The University of Buffalo, but this boy is legit. How he's rated so low is beyond me. He doesn't have prototypical size, he's only 5'9" 185 or so and he doesn't have elite top end speed, but his footwork, vision and balance remind me of a young no. 3 wearing kid with a mouth full of gold name Gore back in the fall of 2000. He was just named Mr. Football up here yesterday after leading his team to the DII title game for the 3rd year in a row, however they lost by a TD to a bad *** team of goons from Toledo. He sat a state record in losing effort, going for 357 yards and 3 TDS. They lost 28-21. On the season (16 games) dude ran for 3,900 yards and 60 TDs (a new state record) against arguably the toughest schedule in the state. I don't ever post on here, as I've seldom had any info worthy of sharing, but this I felt was worth posting.

Apparently, a members of our coaching staff have been in contact with coach Ted Ginn, Sr. up at Glenville High School on the hood *** east side of Cleveland. Some of us OGs/Old heads might remember a DB that we recruited out of the Ville named Anderson back in the mid 2000s. He was a free safety that had ball skills like Reed (He led the state in INTs) with legit 10.5 speed. He signed with us under Coker, but only lasted a semester and never played a down here or anywhere else, he unfortunately ended up in prison. So our current coaches have been in communication with Ginn regarding a couple studs in the '24 class, one being the no. 1 CB in the state. He's filthy, but probably headed to Columbus along with a TE named Witten. Ginn said that our coaches specifically asked him about Lamar Sperling, which surprised the **** out of me. I know that it's an unlikely long shot in the dark, but they may be keeping an eye on him just in case we strike out with higher considered prospects. From an upside standpoint, he may not be a big ticket guy, but based on his production and character, I'd take him all day. I doubt that anything comes of this, but I'm going to keep hope alive. As a pure running back this kid is better than Chris Johnson, Jr. by a lot, but as a prospect and overall athlete, it's not close. I'd love to have both, but that'll never happen.

Oh, and if you all want to know how I know this info, my nephew is going to be attending Glenville next year. He's been QB1 for Ginn Elite (Ted Jr's youth team) for the last 3 years. He's a pretty good prospect, he picked Glenville over Hoban and Lakewood St. Edward. I'd love to see him with a U on his helmet in a few years, but he's got a looooong way to go and he's a Buckeye lovin' MF'er due to my punk *** brother's influence.

Advertisement
I know that we're all about stars and long-term upside potential around here, I am too, but there's a kid up here in my backyard that I really wish that our staff would consider. He's only a 3 star kid and currently committed the NFL launchpad known as of The University of Buffalo, but this boy is legit. How he's rated so low is beyond me. He doesn't have prototypical size, he's only 5'9" 185 or so and he doesn't have elite top end speed, but his footwork, vision and balance remind me of a young no. 3 wearing kid with a mouth full of gold name Gore back in the fall of 2000. He was just named Mr. Football up here yesterday after leading his team to the DII title game for the 3rd year in a row, however they lost by a TD to a bad *** team of goons from Toledo. He sat a state record in losing effort, going for 357 yards and 3 TDS. They lost 28-21. On the season (16 games) dude ran for 3,900 yards and 60 TDs (a new state record) against arguably the toughest schedule in the state. I don't ever post on here, as I've seldom had any info worthy of sharing, but this I felt was worth posting.

Apparently, a members of our coaching staff have been in contact with coach Ted Ginn, Sr. up at Glenville High School on the hood *** east side of Cleveland. Some of us OGs/Old heads might remember a DB that we recruited out of the Ville named Anderson back in the mid 2000s. He was a free safety that had ball skills like Reed (He led the state in INTs) with legit 10.5 speed. He signed with us under Coker, but only lasted a semester and never played a down here or anywhere else, he unfortunately ended up in prison. So our current coaches have been in communication with Ginn regarding a couple studs in the '24 class, one being the no. 1 CB in the state. He's filthy, but probably headed to Columbus along with a TE named Witten. Ginn said that our coaches specifically asked him about Lamar Sperling, which surprised the **** out of me. I know that it's an unlikely long shot in the dark, but they may be keeping an eye on him just in case we strike out with higher considered prospects. From an upside standpoint, he may not be a big ticket guy, but based on his production and character, I'd take him all day. I doubt that anything comes of this, but I'm going to keep hope alive. As a pure running back this kid is better than Chris Johnson, Jr. by a lot, but as a prospect and overall athlete, it's not close. I'd love to have both, but that'll never happen.

Oh, and if you all want to know how I know this info, my nephew is going to be attending Glenville next year. He's been QB1 for Ginn Elite (Ted Jr's youth team) for the last 3 years. He's a pretty good prospect, he picked Glenville over Hoban and Lakewood St. Edward. I'd love to see him with a U on his helmet in a few years, but he's got a looooong way to go and he's a Buckeye lovin' MF'er due to my punk *** brother's influence.

Hoban is a powerhouse up there. I went to college at Akron and am familiar with a lot of the surrounding schools. They’ve produced some decent talent over the years if I’m not mistaken

Watched him go crazy in the championship yesterday over 300 yards rushing is crazy....state record 58 tds on the season very underrated definitely a 4* talent...doubt he ends up at Buffalo after winning Ohio Mr. football and performing like that in a D2 state championship... OSU took Miyan Williams after having a great senior season.....don't know his grades situation but this kid is easily a p5 talent...

Last edited:

Smell Good Soft Skin GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

Apparently, a members of our coaching staff have been in contact with coach Ted Ginn, Sr. up at Glenville High School on the hood *** east side of Cleveland.
Lmao, my grandmother went to Glenville in the 30's. I am just dying imagining her little ****** self in the hood.

Advertisement
Hoban is a powerhouse up there. I went to college at Akron and am familiar with a lot of the surrounding schools. They’ve produced some decent talent over the years if I’m not mistaken
They’ve become a local dynasty over the past decade or so. This year’s team was loaded, but for the second year in a row the lack of play making from their QB cost them. It’s a shame, that Lamar went out with an L after the performance he put up.

That neighborhood was definitely hood back then but it was all white.
Glenville is very much like the Buchtel area here in Akron, both were predominately ****** communities, now both are Blacker than Nigeria. The Ville used to be DI, our largest classification just a few years ago, now it’s DIV, but still has major P5 talent. They play a team from Cincinnati tomorrow night for the championship. Glenville is loaded for ‘24 and ‘25.

Watched him go crazy in the championship yesterday over 300 yards rushing is crazy....state record 58 tds on the season very underrated definitely a 4* talent...doubt he ends up at Buffalo after winning Ohio Mr. football and performing like that in a D2 state championship... OSU took Miyan Williams after having a great senior season.....don't know his grades situation but this kid is easily a p5 talent...
My coworker’s son is a stud DE at Hoban, although I think he’s going to grow into a DT at the next level. She said that he’s a great kid, humble and hard working, so it’s not an attitude problem. I have no idea why a school like Pitt who recruited another running back from Hoban just a few years ago isn’t all over him. That QB at Hoban came up short when he was needed most last night. To run for 357 and 3 TDs snd lose had to be hard to swallow.

Check out Glenville tomorrow night if you can. 12 Gauge Jones’ nephew is their starting running back. He goes about 240 and looks like LenDale White. He’s a junior, he’ll be a P5 kid for sure.

Advertisement
Glenville is very much like the Buchtel area here in Akron, both were predominately ****** communities, now both are Blacker than Nigeria. The Ville used to be DI, our largest classification just a few years ago, now it’s DIV, but still has major P5 talent. They play a team from Cincinnati tomorrow night for the championship. Glenville is loaded for ‘24 and ‘25.
Facts. If you drive down 105 between Superior and St. Clair, look up at the top of the buildings that line that street (especially the now churches, that used to be synagogues) you’ll see Hebrew script engraved into the brick and mortar still.

I’m hip to the Ville, I didn’t grow up on that side of Cleveland (I’m from the Mount Pleasant area, Kinsman and Union), but I used to live on 118th and St. Clair for a couple of years in the early 2000’s. My little brother graduated from Glenville and still goes to all their games. I know many of the parents of their players and best prospects, mostly from my barbershop.

Ville’s RB #7 is a beast!

They’ve become a local dynasty over the past decade or so. This year’s team was loaded, but for the second year in a row the lack of play making from their QB cost them. It’s a shame, that Lamar went out with an L after the performance he put up.
I know when I was up there (graduated from UA in ‘16) it was really them and St. Ed and Ignatius. I’m not familiar with the divisions but I know Mooney is another big time school

I know when I was up there (graduated from UA in ‘16) it was really them and St. Ed and Ignatius. I’m not familiar with the divisions but I know Mooney is another big time school
DII is the second largest class here, but it's arguably the deepest. Massillon, Winton Woods (beat Hoban last year in the final) and Toledo Central Catholic (beat Hoban on Thursday) are all really good. Despite losing Sperling, they'll be back at or near the top again next year, they're team is stacked with juniors. Mooney is where the Stoops clan is from. They're D IV, a historical power, but not now close to what they were. Glenville is the top gun in IV now. Ville playing D IV up here is like Central or MNW playing 2A down there.

Advertisement
Facts. If you drive down 105 between Superior and St. Clair, look up at the top of the buildings that line that street (especially the now churches, that used to be synagogues) you’ll see Hebrew script engraved into the brick and mortar still.

I’m hip to the Ville, I didn’t grow up on that side of Cleveland (I’m from the Mount Pleasant area, Kinsman and Union), but I used to live on 118th and St. Clair for a couple of years in the early 2000’s. My little brother graduated from Glenville and still goes to all their games. I know many of the parents of their players and best prospects, mostly from my barbershop.

Ville’s RB #7 is a beast!

Good to see another NE Ohio fam up in here! My brother and nephew are going down to Canton for the game tomorrow night. I'll go if it doesn't raon. It's gonna be colder than a disbarred divorce attorney's heart, though. I believe it's supposed to be in the low 30s. My brother and nephew live in Mentor, he's in the 8th grade at Hawken. He was really torn on where to go between Glenville and Hoban, he likes both coaches, but most of his current teammates are going to Glenville, so that made his decision easier.

Advertisement
Sperling is the real deal. I have a couple of friends who coach at Hoban and they just say this dude is different. He just got a couple of BIG10 offers, SIAP, So I'd expect a flip anytime now. I'm not saying he's better or worse than anyone we're recruiting, but he's a heck of a player

Good to see another NE Ohio fam up in here! My brother and nephew are going down to Canton for the game tomorrow night. I'll go if it doesn't raon. It's gonna be colder than a disbarred divorce attorney's heart, though. I believe it's supposed to be in the low 30s. My brother and nephew live in Mentor, he's in the 8th grade at Hawken. He was really torn on where to go between Glenville and Hoban, he likes both coaches, but most of his current teammates are going to Glenville, so that made his decision easier.
I hope Glenville pulls it off. I have a lot of respect for Coach Ginn and what he's done. That would be a heck of a drive going from Mentor to Hoban. My goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back