2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He wouldn't right? Jeremiah Smith is a high level recruit and plays on SFE with Fletcher so I'm assuming they're friends. No way he just outs him like that.
Exactly how I'm feeling cause guys don't do that to each other

Parrish, Chaney, Citizen, Rooster. Obviously this season shows we still need more bodies but with all penciled in to return, we have way more pressing needs than a HS rb who doesn’t have that “it” factor.

Take him if he comes. Don’t overpay. Go hard for Johnson & if we miss, the portal is always there.

Parrish, Chaney, Citizen, Rooster. Obviously this season shows we still need more bodies but with all penciled in to return, we have way more pressing needs than a HS rb who doesn’t have that “it” factor.

Take him if he comes. Don’t overpay. Go hard for Johnson & if we miss, the portal is always there.
Come on… rooster has been rumored to be hitting the portal. Chaney is never healthy and Citizen was just out all year. We are currently giving a walk on major burn…

Advertisement

Remember when the board said Parrish wasn’t necessary because the rb room was too deep ? I guess some people won’t learn.

Remember when the board said Parrish wasn’t necessary because the rb room was too deep ? I guess some people won’t learn.
I literally said hit the portal due to the success that Parrish had. I’d rather get someone to contribute instead of needing time to develop (unless high ceiling)
Come on… rooster has been rumored to be hitting the portal. Chaney is never healthy and Citizen was just out all year. We are currently giving a walk on major burn…
You ain’t lying.
Obviously this season shows we still need more bodies but we have way more pressing needs
Go hard for Johnson & if we miss, hit the portal
Did I stutter?

And remember when some of us (you and I included) tried to tell people Parrish would be the best back on the team and we got hee-hee'd and hoo-hoo'd from the Einsteins?

I'm not in the receipt pulling mood today, I'm in the stack chips mood. We need 2 backs in this class, minimum. Fletcher would be a great start on 1 of those, but I'll say it for the 400th time, whiffing on him, Baxter, and CJ Jr. would be completely unacceptable UNLESS there was a really big fish who we're able to sign out of left field AND we get a productive player out of the portal. But there needs to be at least 2 high-ceiling backs on this roster in the spring that are not on it today. Get it done.

Advertisement
Next season we will lose Stanley. High probability we lose Thad. And seems likely 1 of Knighton/Chaney also transfers out.

Picking up 2 RBs would give us fewer RBs next year than this year. Honestly may need to take 2 freshmen + 1 transfer if we lose 3 guys.

ParrishParrish
CitizenCitizen
ChaneyChaney
KnightonTransfer RB
FranklinFreshmen RB
Stanley

I could also see Seven McGee being a WR that can fill in as a scat back that can take some carries if we get hit with bad luck again.

🖐️.. I remember... I don't think I said it but I definitely thought it.

Now I say take as many RBs as you can get and let the cream rise and the rest can transfer. Seems like Mario's physical demands are going to burn through RBs...

🖐️.. I remember... I don't think I said it but I definitely thought it.

Now I say take as many RBs as you can get and let the cream rise and the rest can transfer. Seems like Mario's physical demands are going to burn through RBs...
🎯 , plus (2) QB every year 👍

Advertisement
Next season we will lose Stanley. High probability we lose Thad. And seems likely 1 of Knighton/Chaney also transfers out.

Picking up 2 RBs would give us fewer RBs next year than this year. Honestly may need to take 2 freshmen + 1 transfer if we lose 3 guys.

ParrishParrish
CitizenCitizen
ChaneyChaney
KnightonTransfer RB
FranklinFreshmen RB
Stanley

I could also see Seven McGee being a WR that can fill in as a scat back that can take some carries if we get hit with bad luck again.
Honestly, Anything they want to do with McGee they can do with Brashard. I would focus on bigger bodies at WR and an actual RB.

This is true but nobody foresaw having arguably our two best RBs go down with (basically) season ending injuries.

Parrish
Citizen
Chaney
HS RB
Portal RB

Rooster parlays his reemergence into a more desirable landing spot IMO

Advertisement

ParrishParrish
CitizenCitizen
ChaneyChaney
KnightonTransfer RB
FranklinFreshmen RB
Stanley

Rooster could stay if he’s going to play like he did the last two weeks and if he’s going to hold onto the ball

I’m taking Fletcher and that Jones kid. I think if we take both we‘ll be ok depth wise and we’d be able to focus on other positions especially being the Brashard could act as a pseudo 7th back.

No matter where our top RB targets end up signing, Baxter is the type of talent you back up the brinks truck for. But is it worth getting into a bidding war with UF for someone who, in an ideal class, profiles as your short yardage and clock killing RB2 considering his lack of explosiveness?

I mean, it’s not my money so f*** it. And we do need to bring in multiple backs this off-season. I just hope we’re able to land an elite, total package RB like Baxter with next level traits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back