2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol hilarious…. no one on that list besides Alabama and maybe Ohio State has better rbs than Miami.
lmao "maybe Ohio State" ... I would trade all of our RBs for just TreVeyon Henderson, let alone the rest of the guys they have. the Georgia coaching staff would fall out of their chairs laughing if they were asked to trade RB rooms with us. Our leading returning rusher had 561 yards on less than 4 yards per carry.

The one thing I'm looking forward to in the Mario era is not having to overrate our own players. We should actually have the talent that we always say we have.

Advertisement
Wish him the best. Hope he does better than the other Florida RBs Marcus Crowley and Brian Snead. Crowley will probably be in the portal.

lmao "maybe Ohio State" ... I would trade all of our RBs for just TreVeyon Henderson, let alone the rest of the guys they have. the Georgia coaching staff would fall out of their chairs laughing if they were asked to trade RB rooms with us. Our leading returning rusher had 561 yards on less than 4 yards per carry.

The one thing I'm looking forward to in the Mario era is not having to overrate our own players. We should actually have the talent that we always say we have.

Watch out for Dallan Hayden too. That kid is WAY underrated.

Perfect fit for just about any team but tOSU in the BIG. He would eat at Wiscy MSU or Michigan.
OH ST takes big body RB’s too, you forget Carlos Hyde?

And Fletch is practically a Marcus Crowley clone...

He fits with what they look for in certain types of backs they like to have, now he might not realize he won’t get the lion share of carries due to his lack of pure speed, but they’ll use him as battering ram in short yardage situations, they have a role for him lol.

Advertisement

He fits with what they look for in certain types of backs they like to have, now he might not realize he won’t get the lion share of carries due to his lack of pure speed, but they’ll use him as battering ram in short yardage situations, they have a role for him lol.
The second part was what I was getting at there. He is tailored for the BIG but tOSU isn’t your typical BIG team. Everyone has a role for a player his caliber but the offense there isn’t tailored for him is all

Perfect fit in the B1G, big slow power runner.

Bring in Baxter & we win the FL RB sweepstakes.

If we’re taking in 2 RB’s this class, hopefully we go after Kaleb Jackson, Kalib Hicks or Jeremiyah Love as well.
Gaby said Love is a name to watch. *ducks*

Advertisement
I'm late on this Fletcher to OSU conversation. I didn't realize so many people on the board were down on Fletcher but I have to go against the grain with this one. I think this one hurts a bit.

I would've loved to have Fletcher in this class, I think he's going to be a productive back with NFL prospects at the next level. His game is steady, reliable and consistent. Big bruising back that will fall over and get an additional 3 yards at the end of a run. Really good vision and plays behind his pads. Good speed with average burst but once he's gets going, he's gone. Can and will be a factor in the passing game. I hope we keep recruiting him.

Him and Thad are similar players but Mark possesses better physical traits. Would've been great to have Don, Thad, Tre'Vonte and Mark all in the same room. That's elite elite talent.

Last edited:
I'm late on this Fletcher to OSU conversation. I didn't realize so many people on the board were down on Fletcher but I have to go against the grain with this one. I think this one hurts a bit.

I would've loved to have Fletcher in this class, I think he's going to be a productive back with NFL prospects at the next level. His game is steady, reliable and consistent. Big bruising back that will fall over and get an additional 3 yards at the end of a run. Really good vision and plays behind his pads. Good speed with average burst but once he's gets going, he's gone. Can and will be a factor in the passing game. I hope we keep recruiting him.

Him and Thad are similar players but Mark possesses better physical traits. Would've great to have Don, Thad, Tre'Vonte and Mark all in the same room. That's elite elite talent.
Baxter is better...not sweating it in the least....

Advertisement
Do I get insider status now?
Yes, here's your medal!
Silver Medal Olympics GIF

Advertisement
Do I get insider status now?

Honestly, I think everyone was predicting it and it’s part of the reason we’re looking to sign 2. Portal losses plus potential portals and early entries next year make this year a big year to get 2, imo

I agree that his skill set is a match for B1G schools. He obviously realized it too because 3 of his top 4 were B1G schools and the one non B1G school was the hometown team put in there so he could minimize damage. He is a good back, but he always gets dinged and hurt. Not Robert Burns level injury prone, but he has a history. I could be wrong about this, but if he got dinged in HS, what's going to happen in the B1G, especially when it gets cold? Anyway, good luck and thank you for not dragging it out.

Honestly, I think everyone was predicting it and it’s part of the reason we’re looking to sign 2. Portal losses plus potential portals and early entries next year make this year a big year to get 2, imo
It was a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back