2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
As long as our relationship with Heritage is intact im good. He could be a problem in the proper system. Not gonna down the kid. He is a good player, how good we will have to see. Not sure if he is a great fit at OSU to be honest. Don't they run alot of lateral run plays?

Advertisement
Advertisement
As long as our relationship with Heritage is intact im good. He could be a problem in the proper system. Not gonna down the kid. He is a good player, how good we will have to see. Not sure if he is a great fit at OSU to be honest. Don't they run alot of lateral run plays?
They do run a lot of lateral plays in the run game where it requires the RB to have some quickness in the cuts. That is the main reason why Henderson took Teague snaps. I had the same thought about Fletcher fitting OSU scheme.

For the record, Buckeyes prefer and think they're getting Baxter as well.
Not happening for the same reason I noted that we would not get (2) 5 stars. NIL money is like a salary cap and teams will have to figure out how to allocate the NIL money up and down the roster. Just like an NFL team can’t spend big money on 2 running backs because it kills their cap, a college school won’t be able to get (2) 5 star running backs because that will be too much NIL money allocated to 1 position at which only 1 player is on the field at a time. Other than QB where even a back-up/successor gets money, NIL money needs to be on the field.
We act like 10 million is so much NIL money. Well it is until you start promising all the 5 stars 250,000 per year, or more.

Advertisement
While Hartline is their best recruiter, without looking around, their RB coach Tony Alford is at least Top 3 RB recruiter and coach. That is who I wanted us to hire. I think he is being paid about $700,000 as a RB coach. A RB coach. Those 2 guys are a problem for everyone on the trail. Then add in, in program NIL's which is a advantage. HyKeem, Jalen, Innis, Fletcher and Mims now is really starting to get under my skin.

Advertisement
Kid is really good and continues a nice broward to Columbus pipeline for those ****sticks. At the end of the day, we might be ok and probably will. But OSU just landed a really good player who can absolutely contribute here from our backyard. Lets see how the chips fall by December/February.
Just crazy how that works. They come to our house and steal one.

Even when Mario gets this thing rolling would we ever have a shot at player in OSU territory that OSU wants?

Just crazy how that works. They come to our house and steal one.

Even when Mario gets this thing rolling would we ever have a shot at player in OSU territory that OSU wants?

Probably not, but people need to realize a couple things. One, no matter who is recruiting here, you're not going to get every kid locally that you're after. And two, it takes time to build relationships with the local kids/schools/optimists/entire culture while simultaneously strangling those same relationships that have been put in place by the other elite schools.

Perfect fit in the B1G, big slow power runner.

Bring in Baxter & we win the FL RB sweepstakes.

If we’re taking in 2 RB’s this class, hopefully we go after Kaleb Jackson, Kalib Hicks or Jeremiyah Love as well.
Perfect fit for just about any team but tOSU in the BIG. He would eat at Wiscy MSU or Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back