2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napier doesn’t recruit Big bodied Power backs like that...

His system is RB by committee & prefers smaller quicker scat-back types.

He runs a 3-RB style backfield & they usually split between 120-150 carries a piece.

And he prefers to build around a Running QB in order to incorporate them into the run-game as well.

UF won’t have a workhorse 30 carries a game type of RB under his tenure, his attack plan is predicated on wearing down the defense with a multi-faceted rushing attack with his RB trio & the QB, then occasionally attacking with the Deep ball. But his offense is all centered around the OL & a versatile rushing attack.

What dream school does Linguard transfer to now?

Advertisement
Well, as much as I would love to rag on Napier..There are alot of posters on this very board who probably have Baxter, Young and Webb ahead of Fletcher. And if Fletcher doesnt fit what he is trying to do..dont waste the kids time. Mario will be doing the same thing. I am sure there are a list of kids locally who we have stopped contacting since Mario got on board. Just the nature of the game.
That is exactly the wrong approach to take. You don't just cut the kid off. Thats that excuse Diaz was using to not fight for players.

But he didn’t cut him off. He never recruited him. He may not like him for his system. Diaz didn’t recruit the no 1 player at de in his own back yard that everyone wanted. Fletcher isn’t some can’t miss prospect. Napier is recruiting Young right?

U trippin Henry got great pull away speed for a big dude. I don't think Fletcher has that imo
Ya Fletcher definitely has speed

And Jesus Christ man... Derrick Henry is a rare bird. So if they aren't identical or Fletcher not quite that fast, it doesn't mean the comparison is off base.

Maybe Kalen Ballage more applicable

Advertisement
That is exactly the wrong approach to take. You don't just cut the kid off. Thats that excuse Diaz was using to not fight for players.
Huh? Lol. What if Fletcher isnt even on their big board? You recruit kids that fit your system. If Fletcher doesnt fit what they want to do..you just recruit him anyway for the **** of it? Hmmmm...not sure about that logic.

Interesting tidbits on Fletcher's recruitment on the Sebastian Lane show tonight.

1. Admits he was a strong UF lean until until Mullen was fired. Napier and the UF staff have completely stopped recruiting him. Puzzling but maybe Napier is looking for something different at RB?
  2. Probably not going to announce until signing day.

Maybe Gaypier is insisting that he re-submit his video and travel to Hogtown in order to get a new official offer from UiF.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@flagator86 , can you give us some insights on UF RB recruiting and why they aren't recruiting Fletcher at all, not even as a Plan B or C?

My bad for the late response. From what it looks like, we haven't expanded our RB board because let's be real, UF don't really have a back that's NFL ready after this year so we'll lose Lingard to graduation (I think lol) but in 2023 return Bow, Wright, Johnson, and Etienne. Seems like so far we're only going after Young, Webb, Baxter, and not sure how they feel about Irvin at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back