Ray Lewis III.....why not play him at RB?????

5Ringz

Thunderdome
I'm watching some of the kid's tape as a RB and OMG he looks VERY nice. Great cuts and decent speed a bit faster than Clements. Say what you will about the competition he played against, its still the state of Florida and he did do well in all his camps.

****, we gave Danny Dillard a shot at RB didn't we? Dallas Crawford who played QB and defense in highschool is playing RB for us. And Lewis III looks a lot faster than Crawford ever did.

I don't see how this kid even contributes as a DB. We are recruiting elite level safeties and corners that play the postion naturally.

Kid ran for Barry Sanders like numbers. You got guys like Braxton Berrios being hyped up yet the boy ain't playing nobody D1 level in North Carolina.

FREE RAY LEWIS III!!!!!!

His daddy is dat ni66a. He deserves a shot

Advertisement
LOL so the private school prep competition that Ray Lewis III went up against is better then Braxton Berrios b/c it was still in Florida? awww hilarious.

.... I agree though, I think since Ray Lewis is too short to play safety he should play RB.

Last edited:
I'm watching some of the kid's tape as a RB and OMG he looks VERY nice. Great cuts and decent speed a bit faster than Clements. Say what you will about the competition he played against, its still the state of Florida and he did do well in all his camps.

****, we gave Danny Dillard a shot at RB didn't we? Dallas Crawford who played QB and defense in highschool is playing RB for us. And Lewis III looks a lot faster than Crawford ever did.

I don't see how this kid even contributes as a DB. We are recruiting elite level safeties and corners that play the postion naturally.

Kid ran for Barry Sanders like numbers. You got guys like Braxton Berrios being hyped up yet the boy ain't playing nobody D1 level in North Carolina.

FREE RAY LEWIS III!!!!!!

If you are going to pick a db to play rb then go with Corn. He owned his state in 2 sports
I don't care if its Tennessee. If you are a 3 time Mr. Football of your state at rb, then you have some skills.
Ray looked like he was bigger than most of the linemen. Looked like he was playing against pop Warner teams.
Sort of like when the *** played lacrosse last year and was dominating everyone. Doesn't mean he was the best lacrosse player. The competition was that bad.

We all know why RLIII is on the team, and I respect that and wholeheartedly support that scholarship being used as a fan of The U.
But let's not pretend that we all think he's going to morph into his dad.
We just want him to work his *** off and do what he can to help the team on special teams for the next 2-3 years, and then hopefully by his senior year be in the db rotation and be better than Highsmith.

FREE RAY LEWIS III!!!!!!

If you are going to pick a db to play rb then go with Corn. He owned his state in 2 sports
I don't care if its Tennessee. If you are a 3 time Mr. Football of your state at rb, then you have some skills.
Ray looked like he was bigger than most of the linemen. Looked like he was playing against pop Warner teams.
Sort of like when the *** played lacrosse last year and was dominating everyone. Doesn't mean he was the best lacrosse player. The competition was that bad.

We all know why RLIII is on the team, and I respect that and wholeheartedly support that scholarship being used as a fan of The U.
But let's not pretend that we all think he's going to morph into his dad.
We just want him to work his *** off and do what he can to help the team on special teams for the next 2-3 years, and then hopefully by his senior year be in the db rotation and be better than Highsmith.

I watch his tape and don't look at the teams.

I watch him cut, catch out of the backfield, and his speed.

Kid looks better than Dallas Crawford did. LOL I'm not even gonna mention Danny Dillard

Advertisement
What I see from his highlights: http://youtu.be/kLYjmU4_Aa4

-The competition he played against did not look the most athletic or very big
-His top-end speed is as least as fast as Mike James
-He has very good vision
-He has above average balance
-He has exceptional lateral movement

His highlights don't show much defense, so I can't really judge there. The coaches have put him at DB, in them I trust. But it's not far-fetched to say he could be a very useful RB after a RS.

OP do you realize Lake Mary Prep only had 90 students in the school spread from K-12 and plays similar sized schools . look his parents sent him there so he could be a football star. The public school in Lake Mary which is Lake Mary HS has roughly 3000 kids is academically one of the best in country so they can't say he wouldn't get a good education.

As for football most likely he wouldn't have started for the team let alone become a team leader based on performance considering the last 3 rb from LMHS have gone D1 one. Lets put it this way UM has been in love with 2014 NT Adam Torres 6'6" 290lbs from Lake Mary HS ( there are some big boys on that team) and RLIII's LM Prep team would have had to call the game at half time if they played the public school.

LM has 2015 RB Charles "CJ" Lamar that is 6'1 205 lbs an growing who has been playing since has was a freshman & would have kept RLIII on the Bench and the 2 kids they had before that where better then him. Watch the highlights an you will see why RLIII's best shot was to attend LM Prep.

2015 Lake Mary HS (public school) RB Charles Lamar
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1600157/charles-lamar

An before Lamar, LMHS had Deandre Hartfield who was a very good RB for LM after transfering over from Seminole HS ( yes the same one that sent Ray Ray & Dye to UM). Hartfield did go to college because he went to jail the summer after graduating LMHS.

http://mysanfordherald.com/view/full_story/9715210/article-No-Washout-for-Lake-Mary

RLIII will make an impact on the team at some position, but RB most likely won't be it. I would give Corn and Tucker a shot before him. Not to mention there is walk on RB Deandre Johnson that has beast potential if he can stay healthy and get things together mentally.

UM will be fine at RB. Also to say RLIII is as fast as Clements don't be foolish, before Eduardo got hurt he was shaping up to becoming a very good all around back. An you can't even compare their High School film.

An to compare him to Mike James is foolish MJ was 220lbs and ran legit 4.5 sec 40 yd time mikes problem was he had bad vision in hole but was very good in the open field. RLIII is a 4.9 sec guy in the 40 yd.

I am happy to have RLIII as a Cane and have his dad around the program even more.

GO canes

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=uChpS2WlH8M[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
if he cant play RB and he is too short for S, then it appears this is a favor in the same vein as Highsmith. May not be able to play, but a legacy payback and having his father around the program may provide other benefits (legal of course).

Paranos just owned OP......
But im gonna give Lil Ray at least a 4.75 in the 40 yard dash

Why you dissin my hometown? It may not be fla but nc has a lot of d1 talent the last 2 years.Uf got humphries and bullard, then you got gailliard,k.street,featherson,hood,gurley,marshall,north and more. Also unc de kareem martin (who i played in hs) is all acc and our very own curtis porter so there is talent in nc but it is more spread out and most guys don't play on the same team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
if he cant play RB and he is too short for S, then it appears this is a favor in the same vein as Highsmith. May not be able to play, but a legacy payback and having his father around the program may provide other benefits (legal of course).

I believe this is the case.

Advertisement
Ray is legacy of the biggest kind. His dad was skinny and not all that fast. Give the kid a chance. Highsmith is also legacy of basically one of founding fathers. He has given fine serivce. Archie and Walter's sons didn't live up to their daddies either, but both gave THE U their best. Ray has four years to earn his ship. I am sure he will pay sufficient dues to make it worth while.

RLIII is at the U to get a business degree to manage dad's money. Just having him and dad at practices is good enough for me.

the really sad part was the schollie...Dear ole dad is worth millions and the kid went to a prep school and rumored to be a 4.0 kid..yet we throw a much needed scholly his way...
I still hope he can help us the next four or five years you never know...

''I don't see how this kid even contributes'' as a DB

FREE RAY LEWIS III!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back