Rashard Robinson no longer on LSU team....

can4life

Junior
Melvin Jones and Rashard Robinson are no longer members of the LSU football team.
The school confirmed to the Advocate that Jones, a sophomore fullback, and Robinson, a sophomore cornerback, are not enrolled at the university for the spring semester.

Robinson’s departure is the more impactful of the two. The 6-foot-3, 177-pound Robinson started 12 games over the past two seasons at cornerback but was indefinitely suspended following the Tigers’ tenth game of the season against Alabama. In those two seasons, Robinson totaled 33 tackles and one interception.

With Robinson out of the picture and Jalen Mills off to the NFL, true freshmen Kevin Toliver II (an early enrollee) and Xavier Lewis could see early playing time. Toliver II is a Rivals.com five-star recruit and the No. 27 overall prospect in the country. Lewis is rated four stars and No. 246 nationally.

Jones, who made one start in 2014, was No. 2 on the team’s depth chart at fullback and did not travel to the Music City Bowl due to academics. He carried the ball four times for 12 yards this season.

The Tigers have help coming in at fullback as well. David Ducre, the nation’s No. 1 fullback prospect, is an LSU commit. Additionally, sophomore John David Moore saw action for the Tigers at fullback late in the season.

LSU finished 8-5 in 2014.

For more LSU news, visit TigerBait.com.

- - - - - - -

Sam Cooper is a contributor for the Yahoo Sports blogs. Have a tip? Email him or follow him on Twitter!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
How do we know we can trust him to live up to UM's prestigious world-class student body honor code?

It's all about the student athlete and pillars.

Advertisement
How do we know we can trust him to live up to UM's prestigious world-class student body honor code?

It's all about the student athlete and pillars.

so true. how will he ever live above reproach
1313229436.jpg

Kid should of came Miami man, i know his gut was telling him Miami towards the but he went with LSU i know hes regreting that move, but ha the kid could bounce back at some d2 school.

I hate to say it but I would take the kid

This is not a transfer I think the kid got dropped from the team

Advertisement
Back