Rashard Fenton 2015 CB

Advertisement
no committable offer

Can you tell us which DB's DO have commitable offers then?

Tyrek Cole, Tim Irvin, Jaquan Johnson, Carlton Davis...Those are the ones that Miami continues to recruit heavily AND have legit interest

Pete, three of those guys are safetys, No? What about pure cover corners? Who is on our big board?

I think the "pure cover guys" are not as big an emphasis for this staff. Maybe one on the field at a time, like Tracey....but if they keep playing this scheme, the purpose of the cushion is to keep the underneath stuff in front of you and then come up and hit. Following that logic, they like the physical corners that can tackle in open space. Thus, a guy like Carlton Davis can be a corner in their scheme even though to most of us his skill set more closely resembles a safety (i.e. he murders people).

Not saying it is the right tactic, but I think that is what is at play here. The only guys that seem like "pure cover" guys on this roster are Tracy, Dortch and Elder...maybe Crawford but he is kind of a tweener as he played running back in high school and seems to be able to hit a little. The other corners...Gunter, Burns, Ray Ray....are the physical "boundary" type. So if we are going hard after Cole, it would make sense that the other corner we went after would be someone like Carlton Davis.

Irvin is a nickel, Johnson the only pure safety out of the group...and I think he could be used to cover receivers on an island too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DB class should look something like

CB: Tyrek Cole

CB/S: Carlton Davis
Tim Irvin

S: Jaquan Johnson

ATH: Shawn Burgess-Becker

As much as people like Fenton and D. Davis. I don't think we end up taking them. I like them too. But, numbers and needs. I like Kendrell McFadden, but I feel he's getting passed up this year due to numbers and needs. It is what it is. We're limited.

If we like these big corners, then why not just go with D. Davis, T.McFadden, and C. Davis. S. Burgess Becker should get recruited as a safety like his coach stated, and J. Johnson the other safety. I personally would recruit Irvin as a safety and maybe play him on both sides of the ball which would allow a rotation and prevent a conflict from playing time.

Advertisement
Not really impressed kid kind of reminds me of Thomas finnie he look fast but didn't make many plays on the football he should be a plan c guy

Advertisement
Not really impressed kid kind of reminds me of Thomas finnie he look fast but didn't make many plays on the football he should be a plan c guy

Were you watching his junior highlights? Because I actually have the opposite opinion of Fenton based on those, as he seems to have impressive ball skills but has just average top-end speed.

The first two minutes of that video are pretty much all Fenton making plays on the ball, either plucking it out of the air for the interception or swatting it away to breakup the pass.

[video=youtube;RAIadNrYd50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAIadNrYd50[/video]

Advertisement
Back