Off-Topic Rare Coca Cola Canvas Banner

ThomasM

Retired from college football
Not sure if anyone here is into collectables like this, but I thought I'd share this find. It's an original 1910s ( the best I can tell) Coca Cola canvas banner. Judging from the lettering, and research I have done, it is at least 100 years old. I have never seen one, and I found three today. One is missing ends, but still has most of the lettering. One is just missing a few corners. And this one is practically complete. Enjoy!

Turns out these were made between 1900 and 1910.
DSCF4780.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF4781 (2).JPG
    DSCF4781 (2).JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure if anyone here is into collectables like this, but I thought I'd share this find. It's an original 1910s ( the best I can tell) Coca Cola canvas banner. Judging from the lettering, and research I have done, it is at least 100 years old. I have never seen one, and I found three today. One is missing ends, but still has most of the lettering. One is just missing a few corners. And this one is practically complete. Enjoy!

Turns out these were made between 1900 and 1910.
View attachment 231407
Very cool.

Love the old stuff!!!

Advertisement
did you do a value check on these?
I see some have sold several years ago for around $1000 each. I am looking into restoration right now. I'll probably sell the two most damaged ones off to pay for the repair of the best one.

They are just so stinking rare now. I was blown away when I saw them at the auction and they weren't going high. It's like people just didn't grasp the fact canvass doesn't survive intact for 100+ years, normally. Those signs were often ripped down and replaced by metal ones.

I am not a huge Coca Cola collector, or fan for that matter, but I love the art work, and rarity.

I used to travel non stop internationally as part of a team, which allowed me to collect paper currency from many countries. One of my colleagues collected coke bottles and paraphanelia from all over the world. I used to think he was nuts, but its probably worth a fortune today.

Advertisement
I used to travel non stop internationally as part of a team, which allowed me to collect paper currency from many countries. One of my colleagues collected coke bottles and paraphanelia from all over the world. I used to think he was nuts, but its probably worth a fortune today.
If it was old Coca Cola stuff, it is worth a fortune. The empty bottles from the 1890s are now worth thousands, . I've never owned one, but often wished I had bought some years ago when they were "expensive" at $100.

If I were an investor/collector, I'd target anything Coca Cola related from 1930 or before. That stuff is getting scarce on the market. While the landfills are filling up with all the newer reproduction, limited editions, collector's editions, etc., the old stuff is skyrocketing.

So is my 30 yr old unopened Coke bottle commemorating the inaugural 1993 Marlins season gonna fund my retirement or what?

If it was old Coca Cola stuff, it is worth a fortune. The empty bottles from the 1890s are now worth thousands, . I've never owned one, but often wished I had bought some years ago when they were "expensive" at $100.

If I were an investor/collector, I'd target anything Coca Cola related from 1930 or before. That stuff is getting scarce on the market. While the landfills are filling up with all the newer reproduction, limited editions, collector's editions, etc., the old stuff is skyrocketing.

So what you are really saying is that we need to go on a road trip across the old south into antique stores?!?

Advertisement
So what you are really saying is that we need to go on a road trip across the old south into antique stores?!?
Yes, and no. Antique stores are often over priced. I get most of my stuff from a local auction that does a bad job of defining what they have. That, or they are clueless. Auctions, estate sales, etc. Obviously, the road trip and antique shops would be a heck of a lot of fun. And yes, there is still a chance to find treasures there. Just buying from people who know antiques costs more than buying from those who don't. The good thing is is that not every antique shop knows what they have, especially if they have an overabundance of stock.

I'm heading down this spring and plan on stopping by several shops on the way.

Advertisement
Back