Rankings

drifters1234

Senior
Many of the posters who were claiming we would blow out UNC, also consistently argue that several teams are overrated in the rankings - Missouri, Louisville, LSU, UGA, South Carolina, TA&M, Ohio State, and FSU.

After our performances against GA Tech and UNC, do you think we are overrated? And if so, where should we be ranked?

Advertisement
Somewhere in the top 15. Def behind Baylor. But I'll take 6-0 over top 10 any day

Why worry about where we land prior to Saturday playing out? We didn't play like a Top 10 team last night, but all the teams in the Top 10, save Oregon, has had an off night so far this season. An undefeated record is what we have, so we will remain highly ranked. Could we slip to #11 or #12. Maybe, but so what? One thing the bias of the voters will do is keep us in the Top 10 if FSU wins this weekend to set-up another Top 10 match-up of one of the games biggest rivalries.

Correct our mistakes, but just keep winning.

Lol Texas A&M moved up after barely beating Ole Miss.

No, we aren't overrated.

Advertisement
Why worry about where we land prior to Saturday playing out? We didn't play like a Top 10 team last night, but all the teams in the Top 10, save Oregon, has had an off night so far this season. An undefeated record is what we have, so we will remain highly ranked. Could we slip to #11 or #12. Maybe, but so what? One thing the bias of the voters will do is keep us in the Top 10 if FSU wins this weekend to set-up another Top 10 match-up of one of the games biggest rivalries.

I'm not worried about anything. I'm curious if people have the ability to apply the same reasoning to our team that they incessantly use to argue that teams ahead of us are overrated.

I'm not worried about anything. I'm curious if people have the ability to apply the same reasoning to our team that they incessantly use to argue that teams ahead of us are overrated.

No, no they don't.

Maybe those teams ahead of us aren't overrated and we aren't either. It's just the landscape of college football right now. Being in the top ten doesn't always make you a worldbeater. Any given Saturday. Or Thursday night for that matter.

Somewhere in the top 15. Def behind Baylor. But I'll take 6-0 over top 10 any day

They should have lost to Kansas State but not sure why this matters. Baylor also has ZERO quality wins (Wofford, Buffalo, LA Monroe, WVU 3-3 and KSU 2-4) but not sure why they are some measuring stick.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The GT game we played well after the first quarter, usually the past couple years we've had that bye going into that game which gave us extra time to prep. This year not so much and it showed some of the guys looked lost early then settled. After the first quarter it was a completely different game. Last night going into half it was all NC and we had nothing, 4th quarter came around and it was a completely different ball game too. We woke up and were like okay, enough is enough you had your fun now it's our turn.

Maybe those teams ahead of us aren't overrated and we aren't either. It's just the landscape of college football right now. Being in the top ten doesn't always make you a worldbeater. Any given Saturday. Or Thursday night for that matter.

Exactly!! UGA stayed in the top 10 with 1 loss and needing a last second play to beat North freaking Texas!! Then triple OT to beat TN...

Beating UNC at home on a Thurs nite isnt going to hurt us.

Some of u guys need to pay attention to othe CFB games before saying stupid **** like we are overrated, or we dont deserve to be top 10.

In addition to the examples above. I watched BC beat up on Clemson for 3+ qtrs. They were up 14-10 in the 4th, @ Clemson. There's a lot of games on SAT, many will only see Miami @ 6-0...and that's all that matters.

In addition to the examples above. I watched BC beat up on Clemson for 3+ qtrs. They were up 14-10 in the 4th, @ Clemson. There's a lot of games on SAT, many will only see Miami @ 6-0...and that's all that matters.

Clemson needed a questionable sideline call that negated a long T run to beat NC St on a Thurs nite too. Football rookies are the ones claiming weare overrated.

Advertisement
We have beat everyone so far, including what everyone claimed was a great SEC team(except as it applies to our win). We should be above all the one loss teams. Where in the list of unbeatens is a different question and style points come into play. Nov 2 will tell a lot. We beat the Noles at home and you have to throw us in top five I think. Until then, you can argue for lower ranking if you like. LSU beat the gator and jumped a couple spots. We beat them at full strenth-- that should have similar meaning. Balyor could be ranked higher, it is the one loss teams I have issues with -- they lost! That use to mean something. If not then why isn't VT ranked right next to TAM?

Advertisement
6-0 speaks for itself. Guessing those that will have a problem with us winning the close one, lost theirs. lol :stormwarning:

I hate people that champion being right over being a fan of the team.

A little homerism is welcomed.

But that's just me.

Advertisement
Back