Ranking our position groups

I'm not sure our DL is top 50 in the country.

People are underestimating how JAG-alicious we still are there. The fact Moten, Thomas and a straight-off-the-street incoming JUCO are already being counted on tells you all you need to know. Chick is miscast as a D-End and in Onfrio's scheme Mccord and AQM end up covering slot receivers as much as they rush the passer.

DB's are good, LB's are somewhere between average and above average. D Line scares the **** out of me, specifically our ability to stop the run and get to the opposing QB.

QB frightens me even more.

Oh...and kicker is up in the air as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's nice that we're in a position where we can redshirt some people.

Moten
Jenkins
Jackson
Harris
Smith
Mayes
Hester
Gayot

redshirt 'em

Outside of FSU, every team in our conference would kill for our roster. KILL!!!

It's time for AG to **** or get off the pot! WTACCCGOGTFO

We will know week 1 what kinda team we have on our hands. I can already hear AGs excuse machine warming up! "Our QB blew his ACL in camp"

We lose more then 2 conference games- show AG and his circus of coaches the door.

We don't have Alabama type depth, but we have a boatload of talent. Enough talent to win our division.

Advertisement
Outside of FSU, every team in our conference would kill for our roster. KILL!!!

It's time for AG to **** or get off the pot! WTACCCGOGTFO

We will know week 1 what kinda team we have on our hands. I can already hear AGs excuse machine warming up! "Our QB blew his ACL in camp"

We lose more then 2 conference games- show AG and his circus of coaches the door.

We don't have Alabama type depth, but we have a boatload of talent. Enough talent to win our division.

Clemson might not but agree with the overall point.

We have talent. Absolutely no excuses not to get it done this year.

Yall are settin up Chad Thomas to be another Chick....All world everything outta HS, till he gets in our scheme and is asked to gain 40lbs and take on double teams every snap

I hope 3 yrs from now yall aint callin him a bust......JAG...etc like you guys did Chick

Yall are settin up Chad Thomas to be another Chick....All world everything outta HS, till he gets in our scheme and is asked to gain 40lbs and take on double teams every snap

I hope 3 yrs from now yall aint callin him a bust......JAG...etc like you guys did Chick

While I absolutely agree that its remarkably stupid to expect Chad to start dominating the day he steps on campus, Chick was more of an overachiever in high school and didn't have near the ceiling Thomas does now.

Agreed though, and hope UFAT doesn't ruin the kid.

just hope that this is the last year we have to be subjected to this awful defensive experiment. I think the wheels come off and F.A.G. gets fired

Advertisement
I think Chad is the first defensive elite talent we've had coming in that can play right away. I say that for one reason only, he's physically ready. No one until this point has been as physically ready. The only one to come close, is Tracy--but he was more skilled than physically ready. Whether he is used on pass rush or on regular downs, it doesn't matter. He already has the body. Who cares if his presence on pass downs is obvious. Every team in America has a pass rush "posse." Both teams know a pass play is coming--predictability of personnel is irrelevant.

Chad is the first defensive freshman I've been excited to see play, in a very long time. It's almost always a bad thing when a freshman needs to make meaningful contributions. I'll be glad to see him in a limited role, at least in the first portion of the season.

When do we get the full version? So we can see what other schools top us at each position. Trying to keep the thread on track here.

Probably better doing grades

Problem is now that recruiting is picking up with the ncaa leaving .. Are frosh are better than are upperclass

All this and we will have a qb who has never taken a snap in college

Last edited:
Advertisement
We're a top 25 team solely based on talent this year no matter how you look at it. Our Recruiting class ratings over the pass 4 years have been (starting with 2011 and via 247): 33, 10, 14, 12. Granted, I know the 2011 and 2012 classes are probably the most indicative classes considering most starters are upperclassmen but there is no doubt that we are within the top 25 most talented teams. Our inability to perform as a top 25 team would make it conclusive to me that this coaching staff is just not geared for gamedays.

Advertisement
Back