Ranking Our Coaches - Recruiting

Zanecane

7th Floor Crew
I know guys help out with different guys. But in the end you'll be ranked by how your position group performs. Also I was bored and felt like breaking it down.

1. Mirabol

Has the only 5 star committed. The 3 other kids he's got are borderline 4-star kids depending on which site you're looking at.

2. Strong

It was close between him and Fields for me here. But the hole at LB was so glaring it required some serious work.

3. Fields

3 tight ends committed each possessing different skill sets and/or high ceilings is pretty incredible.

4. Ponce

2 QB and that both went to the elite 11. Finding Williams and landing rashada should probably have him higher but it's hard to beat the guys above him.

5. Gattis

Washington and RayRay are studs but we seem to be having similar issues keeping talent home. Still in it for some top kids so he could move up.

6. Wright

Wayne is a borderline 5-star kid so if you're going to only have 1 recruit he's a good one to have.

7. Addae

Probably the coach I'm most surprised about right now. Only 1 commit. He's fighting for big names and we’ll see where that lands him in the end.

8. Big Joe

Gets a lot of credit for helping with a top-ranked OL but DT play is so important in CFP-level programs. We don't seem to be in a great spot with anyone.

9. K Smith

Johnson is the only kid on the board I see joining the class down the road. But losing out on Baxter hurt big time.

Advertisement
Needs change from year to year. OL needed bodies. RB class was always going to be small. Hopefully we hit on our guy like we did with Citizen.

Joe is what he is. Hopefully Wright kills it there. (JT too)

First off, can we please spell the last names right? It’s Mirabal, and it’s Field. Seen it way too many times since they got here.

As for the rankings, right now it’s fine; but Addae is known as an elite recruiter. Gattis as well; I’d put them over Ponce to be honest.

A little disappointed in Smith so far, but again it’s way too early to be making presumptions. Have to see the on-field product as well, which will help with recruiting.

Dave Chappelle Dylan GIF

Advertisement
This is dumb. Let a cycle or two play out before you rank our staff lol.

Also, just cause I see Kevin Smith hate - he got Parrish Jr to come here and signed Citizen. Pretty impressive. Let's see how he ends this year.

This is dumb. Let a cycle or two play out before you rank our staff lol.

Also, just cause I see Kevin Smith hate - he got Parrish Jr to come here and signed Citizen. Pretty impressive. Let's see how he ends this year.

It’s wild what our fans do to our own coaches. Lmao. Not even a full cycle and this ****.

long way to go .. wait until the class is singed and delivered.
also there are priorities in every cycle when certain positions are needed more than other

Advertisement
Some of you guys are so sensitive. I'm not saying anything is wrong with the current coaches or blasting them as if they've failed. It's going to be interesting to see how and who they finish with.

@Zanecane I’ll play and not **** on you for a “where are we so far” type of random post.

Gotta wait for a cycle maybe two to know for sure. Fields has cleaned up so for now he gets the nod but some of our best known recruiters are at the hardest positions to recruit. Expect some lumps here and there.

Addae has elevated every unit he has coached so I expect recruiting quality to go up after on field production as the SEC has CBs on lockdown most years

DT has been my disappointment so far and I’d guess will be a heavy emphasis ‘24 and onwards

Advertisement
Back