Ranking in-state offensive linemen...

Larry

All-American
Whatcha got and where does Ereck Flowers fit in?

Amongst the candidates...

John Theus from Jacksonville Boles (Georgia)
Evan Goodman from Lakeland (Arizona State)
Ty Darlington from Apopka (Oklahoma)
Avery Young from Palm Beach Gardens (undecided) and Patrick Miller from PBG Dwyer (LSU)
Jessaman Dunker from Boynton Beach (Florida)
Cody Waldrop from Seffner Armwood (South Carolina)
Ereck Flowers from Norland (Miami)
Nacho Garcia from University (Louisville)
Danny Isadora from Cypress Bay (undecided)
Omari Phillips from Venice (Florida) - DL prospect
Duaron Williams from Jones (undecided) - injured

I'm sure I'm missing on some guys...the state seems to have more talent on the OL than in recent years, especially at the top.

So, I'm intrigued how ya'll would rank them.

GO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Out of that list I can tell you that Isidora is the best guard prospect. Kid is very comparable to to Brandon Washington out of high school. And yes I've seen both in person. Brandon was probably stronger but isadora doesn't have as much bad weight. He bends at the knees not at the waist which is rare in big high school lineman.

My personal take-

Theus is the best overall, and should be a very good OT.

Darlington is the true definition of a coach's kid, and is probably the best C in the nation. He could slide over to guard, but he's a perfect C and will be ready mentally from day 1.

I don't really know how to rank the others, but I think from seeing film that Flowers is way too low compared to the ranks of others. Great size and an attitude, I'd expect his ranking to improve in December/January when these guys start watching his film, especially as the playoffs continue. Regardless, it's disappointing to see so many of these guys go to Gainesville.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back