Rank

Advertisement
I honestly think that all of our big men from 2013 were better than this year's. They all had some dominant streaks on both ends of the floor.

Jekiri, Murphy, and ICU have all had issues being scorers on the low block. Jekiri was a good defensive presence, but should have been better. Murphy is athletic, but doesn't play under control...and isn't a steady guy. ICU was a liability defensively that you could live with IF he was hitting from 3...but if not, pull him off the floor quick.

Reggie had games where he was unstoppable on the low block, and was just as good of a shot blocker as Jekiri at times due to his length, even if he only had a 3-inch vertical. Gamble was probably the least-talented out of all of these guys, but man - he worked hard. If he had gotten 4 full years under Coach L, I truly feel he would be in the NBA somewhere right now. Kadji was probably the most talented out of all of them, and he's carved himself out a nice career overseas. He could score inside and out, and was active and athletic enough to be a factor defensively.

My ranks:

Kadji
Gamble
Reggie
Jekiri
Murphy
ICU

Advertisement
Reggie was hurt almost all of 2012-2013. He missed a lot of time, and then wasn't 100% the rest of the way. He was much more productive in previous years.

Over the course of his collegiate career Reggie went from being an overweight blob to an NBA prospect to an overweight blob.

Advertisement
Back