Rank the mid/late 90s UM QBs

Advertisement
It's an interesting time period. Everybody talks about the teams of the 80's that bled into the early 90's. Everybody talks about the run we had from 1999-2002.

But the late 90's are a sort of the red headed ******* stepchild of our history. We acknowledge it, but it's like Fight Club rule number one.

At least we had the excuse of being on crippling probation. 2008-2015 feels worse because we didn't have that excuse. Just a ton of mediocrity.
I was spoiled by the 1992-1994 defenses, but the probation years were when my Canes fandom was forged by fire. I can talk about those years for dictionary-length conversations.

I was spoiled by the 1992-1994 defenses, but the probation years were when my Canes fandom was forged by fire. I can talk about those years for dictionary-length conversations.

I mean, I was 11 years old. My stepfather was already giving me my Hurricane education. Talking about Howard, and Jimmy, and the great moments and games that the 80's teams had. The madness of the Orange Bowl.

I still really didn't know much about football, but I loved the history of the 'Canes being the Raiders of college football.

I can still remember laughing my *** off when we played Georgia Tech in the (Sugar Bowl?) when Sebastian the Ibis got flagged for excessive celebration after we scored a touchdown; Butch Davis was losing his mind.

Little did I dream a few years later I'd see one of the greatest teams of all time.

I mean, I was 11 years old. My stepfather was already giving me my Hurricane education. Talking about Howard, and Jimmy, and the great moments and games that the 80's teams had. The madness of the Orange Bowl.

I still really didn't know much about football, but I loved the history of the 'Canes being the Raiders of college football.

I can still remember laughing my *** off when we played Georgia Tech in the (Sugar Bowl?) when Sebastian the Ibis got flagged for excessive celebration after we scored a touchdown; Butch Davis was losing his mind.

Little did I dream a few years later I'd see one of the greatest teams of all time.
The penalty was against UF in the Sugar Bowl. Butch’s last game. I think it was a TD by Najeh to end the game 37-20.

Might be wrong.

Advertisement
91 Defense was better than 94s...It was also the Best UM Defense ever statistically...

It was Ericksons Garbage recruiting from 92-94 (especially QBs and OL) that left us with the likes of Costa....

I swear the only reason Costsa was ever even recruited was because people thought he was the nest Vinny. Even back then the past was starting to haunt us

91 Defense was better than 94s...It was also the Best UM Defense ever statistically...
I will think about this. I have argued that the 1991 team is overlooked as one of the best ever. The defenses carried 1992 and 1994.

Advertisement
I will think about this. I have argued that the 1991 team is overlooked as one of the best ever. The defenses carried 1992 and 1994.
The 91 team would've gave the 2001 team all it could handle and then some....Just watched 91 Penn St vs UM (which I attended)..Jesus that DL was on Par if not better than 89s....Look at the 91 LBers and DBs and all you can do is Shake your head....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back