Random..OBJ?

Advertisement
Yeah I remember his recruitment

I don’t have intimate details of how much of a chance we had but it definitely seemed like we could have had him

If we could get some receipts from the board talking about him and Amari Cooper not being that good that would be fun
Fwiw Amari wanted to commit to UM and his mother stopped him. She asked him to wait and go through the process. She absolutely helped him make the right choice. In retrospect it couldn’t have worked out any better for him.

There was a connection between his dad and Radio if I remember correctly. I try to forget all these recruiting losses like exes.

There was a connection between his dad and Radio if I remember correctly. I try to forget all these recruiting losses like exes.

Yea I believe that was the case too because he was attending a couple of our camps and according to the write ups he was giving them the work. I actually found out about OBJ from him attending UM camps

Fwiw Amari wanted to commit to UM and his mother stopped him. She asked him to wait and go through the process. She absolutely helped him make the right choice. In retrospect it couldn’t have worked out any better for him.

I thought Golden didn’t prioritize him. Like he was a back up plan to Al.

Advertisement
I thought Golden didn’t prioritize him. Like he was a back up plan to Al.
The staff valued him, but never went ALL IN. Think four star, not Five. He was highly regarded, but not a huge deal. He was originally recruited to play CB. As he made the decision to focus on and play WR, the coaching staff did the same. He left campus committed and only had to seek his mothers approval to make it official. He wanted to stay home and play at Miami. His mother told him to slow down. She thought it best if he weighed his options and went on his visits. It wasn’t soon after that he committed to Alabama as a WR and the rest is history. First team All American and first round draft pick.

good find.

While that is fun to look back at, I also think about how many UM hats have been left sitting on the table (or tossed aside) since mid-to-end of Coker era til now. :/ (soooooo many)
I've always been more concerned with the hats.

What happens to them once they've been discarded?

Are they thrown away? Does the uncle keep it?

Is someone at these all-star games and high school announcement ceremonies tasked with the job of boxing up the hats for next year's hat tossing? Or, do they box them up and ship them off to Haiti or the Dominican Republic with that year's Super Bowl loser's Super Bowl championship celebratory t-shirt?

Advertisement
The staff valued him, but never went ALL IN. Think four star, not Five. He was highly regarded, but not a huge deal. He was originally recruited to play CB. As he made the decision to focus on and play WR, the coaching staff did the same. He left campus committed and only had to seek his mothers approval to make it official. He wanted to stay home and play at Miami. His mother told him to slow down. She thought it best if he weighed his options and went on his visits. It wasn’t soon after that he committed to Alabama as a WR and the rest is history. First team All American and first round draft pick.
Maybe i heard wrong but I recall something about Amari not wanting to play in Miami at all, wanting to get away from it all……and not just college but in the pros too. So much so that he likely wouldn‘t consider Miami in free agency if he was ever in the market. Any truth to that? Or pure rumor/speculation?

Maybe i heard wrong but I recall something about Amari not wanting to play in Miami at all, wanting to get away from it all……and not just college but in the pros too. So much so that he likely wouldn‘t consider Miami in free agency if he was ever in the market. Any truth to that? Or pure rumor/speculation?
I don’t know him now. I do know he was a nights conversation with his mother away from being a Cane

He's a LSU legacy but we hung in there till the very end. Family won out but he really was interested
He was literally born and raised at LSU. BOTH parents are alums. His pops was actually Shaq's roommate.

I know we were on him and he said he had interest, but he was never going anywhere other than LSU.

Advertisement
I've always been more concerned with the hats.

What happens to them once they've been discarded?

Are they thrown away? Does the uncle keep it?

Is someone at these all-star games and high school announcement ceremonies tasked with the job of boxing up the hats for next year's hat tossing? Or, do they box them up and ship them off to Haiti or the Dominican Republic with that year's Super Bowl loser's Super Bowl championship celebratory t-shirt?

Returned to Lids. Stickers still on.

Advertisement
I remember a few odd ball things here and there

I would never call them out but a very prominent poster here drew a line in the sand that Teddy Bridgewater would never play QB in college (let alone pros) and his only hope was at WR

Don’t ask me what I did yesterday though

I remember this

There's always talks around the superbowl about this that got away.

Super Mario ain't gonna allow that anymore.

Go back and look at Miamis 2011 recruiting class too. Talk about yikes...outside of Perryman, Dorsett and Chickillo who was misused at miami anyways..brutal class

Advertisement
Back