Randall Hill: It doesn't take Good Coaches 4+ years to win.

It took butch Davis 5 years...

He went 9-3 his fourth year and had an overall record of 31-15 with actual sanctions.

Compared to Golden's 6-7 & 28-22. Lulz.

we hadn't fallen off the map as much when butch took over. Butch had worse sanctions but we were still a respected brand.

Our "brand" is not why we lose football games, jackass.

And loss of over 30+ scholarships is 1000x worse than anything that ****tard Golden has dealt with.

Advertisement

I'll punch you square in the mouth if you ever make that Comparison again.

Stop being Ghey!

well im only going by what YOU said... Good coaches dont need 4+ years... Butch needed 5.... howard needed 5, even bernie said,this was his 5 year plan.... SO to YOUR POINT, no not all good coaches can do it under 5 years. Not to say golden will get it done this year or trying to compare the 3 (although im sure youll make it seem that way)

Are we in denial on the effects of the cloud had on this program 3-4 years ago that made it very difficult to recruit the top kids. Are we in denial that the facilities 4 years ago were not up to standard so that when the recruits with options were not going to choose Miami. Are we in denial that if the depth is missing your just not going to have the season you want to?

And they wanted to run Butch. How do you think they got the idea to fly a banner firing the coach? It started with Butch.

Are we in denial that Golden has had more talent on his team than nearly every team we've played and still managed to have the ****** record he has?

We don't need top recruits to beat the teams we're playing. We just need better coaching.

I'll punch you square in the mouth if you ever make that Comparison again.

Stop being Ghey!

well im only going by what YOU said... Good coaches dont need 4+ years... Butch needed 5.... howard needed 5, even bernie said,this was his 5 year plan.... SO to YOUR POINT, no not all good coaches can do it under 5 years. Not to say golden will get it done this year or trying to compare the 3 (although im sure youll make it seem that way)

I don't know how you can even compare those 3.

Butch's team's regularly ended the season ranked despite all the revisionist history going on here.

Advertisement
Are we in denial on the effects of the cloud had on this program 3-4 years ago that made it very difficult to recruit the top kids. Are we in denial that the facilities 4 years ago were not up to standard so that when the recruits with options were not going to choose Miami. Are we in denial that if the depth is missing your just not going to have the season you want to?

And they wanted to run Butch. How do you think they got the idea to fly a banner firing the coach? It started with Butch.
I be u Mr slurp disappear after Nebraska and FAU enter Golden without lube

What's really funny about "the effects of the cloud" stuff is the fact that Al Golden was the biggest enemy to the University of Miami during that time. Who in the world spoke about it more than him? How many times in interviews did he bring it up when it wasn't even part of a question?

Al Golden latched on to "the cloud" and used it two ways: to excuse his on the field failures, and to weasel his way into a contract extension.

The impact of "the cloud" is already overstated by ignorant fans who think because you're being investigated, you can't beat horrible ACC teams that you have more talent then. But the real crime is that Al Golden was the biggest promoter of "the cloud" out there. If he was a real leader, his constant response would have been that him and his team will not answer questions about it, it is not affecting them in anyway, and it is not a big deal. Instead of pushing it aside and downplaying it publicly, he latched on for dear life to this excuse life raft.

I always laugh when I read "uh he guided us thru da N C double EH invesagashiooonn." No, he didn't. He strengthened what little impact it already had by constantly building it up into this insurmountable monster. He parlayed this into an extension and extra time with ignorant fans by severely exaggerating its impact. Any coach worth a squirt of **** would've shot down the investigation and not built it up into some monster he did. Al Golden talking about "the cloud" was worse than any pending investigation or their penalties.

The people that support the theory that it is, or in any contributed to, how bad he's been, have definitely sent a Nigerian prince their account # at some point in their lives.

Last edited:
Last time I checked the cloud was gone last year and the class collapsed.

We also landed top 15-20 classes before that, giving us more talent than anybody we played minus fsu. Yet still getting raped by inferior teams.

Fact is , Al used the cloud to cover up being a fraud . It covered up his ****** coaching for a few years . But now he's exposed

Advertisement
That is because Butch was dealing with MASSIVE scholarships losses. What is Golden's excuse for such a miserable record with such talent in the local High Schools and with so much NFL Talent that we have had- especially last year?

Last edited:

That is because Butch was dealing with MASSIVE scholarships losses. What is Golden's excuse for such a miserable record with such talent in the local High Schools and with so much NFL Talent that we have had- especially last year?

Last edited:

Don't worry Canes fans, the Fraulden Curse will soon be gone.

We'll be free in 93.

[video=youtube;d-diB65scQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU[/video]

Advertisement
Is it possible that retaining Golden for as long as we have was somehow written in the final print of our sanctions? Perhaps the NCAA said, "there's no worse punishment than forcing these guys to keep that *******"

I mean...it's the only possibility that explains how a set of decision makers could come to the conclusion that retaining a coach who just lost SEVEN games in his FOURTH full year, is in fact a good idea. Either that, or my suspicions about our administration being the most incompetent in the country are spot on.

Last edited:
Is it possible that retaining Golden for as long as we have was somehow written in the final print of our sanctions? Perhaps the NCAA said, "there's no worse punishment than forcing these guys to keep that *******"

I mean...it's the only possibility that explains how a set of decision makers could come to the conclusion that retaining a coach who just lost SEVEN games in his FOURTH full year, is in fact a good idea. Either that, or my suspicions about our administration being the most incompetent in the country are spot on.

Either that or all those people that said Shalala wouldn't fire him on her way out was true. Seriously, everyone said it but Canes fans wouldn't listen. "The admin is so stupid for not firing him!" The president wouldn't allow it. There was nothing anybody could do last year. But I have great news.

She gone!

You didn't even do the analysis on how quickly good HCs turn around marquee programs. It takes 2 years for a good HC to make a huge impact at a marquee program like UM (and before the morons jump in with "UM isn't a marquee program" stick a sock in it. 10 NC games in 30 years means you are a marquee program. Period.)

Sonny listed what some good HCs did at **** programs with zero history of winning like Louisville and Stanford.

Check the two year mark of the following guys at marquee programs:
Saban at LSU and Bama
Stoops at OU
Carroll at USC
Tressell at OSU
Brown at Texas
Meyer at UF and OSU

Advertisement

He went 9-3 his fourth year and had an overall record of 31-15 with actual sanctions.

Compared to Golden's 6-7 & 28-22. Lulz.

we hadn't fallen off the map as much when butch took over. Butch had worse sanctions but we were still a respected brand.

Our "brand" is not why we lose football games, jackass.

And loss of over 30+ scholarships is 1000x worse than anything that ****tard Golden has dealt with.

Wow! What a brainwashed idiot. He's even spewing Folden's kuntface "brand" rhetoric.

Either that or all those people that said Shalala wouldn't fire him on her way out was true. Seriously, everyone said it but Canes fans wouldn't listen. "The admin is so stupid for not firing him!" The president wouldn't allow it. There was nothing anybody could do last year. But I have great news.

She gone!

Yeah that's great, but meanwhile I have horrible news....he's still here and we're about to waste another year.

I'll believe it when I see it in terms of him being gone.

It take an F'ing good QB... Plain and simple. What would those coaches be without those NFL QB's. We got Jacory, Morris, the NCAA and a empty cupboard thanks to Randy...

Jim McElwain at Colorado State:

(Previous 4 years: 16-33

1st year: 4-8
2nd year: 8-6
3rd year: 10-2

Jim Harbough at Stanford

(Previous 5 years: 16-40)

1st year: 4–8
2nd year: 5–7
3rd year: 8–5
4th year: 12–1

Charlie Strong

(Previous 3 years 15-21)

1st year: 7–6
2nd year: 7–6
3rd year: 11–2
4th year: 12–1

4 years in, we got (Go to the 1:35 mark):

https://youtu.be/Y6LON7LdjSM

Only Golden's fans say we had no talent. He inherited the school's number 2 and 3 passer (single season record holder for pass completion), he had 3 NFL backs on the roster with Duke committed, 5-6 NFL wideouts, 3 NFL tightends, countless NFL olinemen and defensive players. Canesfam you should just change your name to Goldenfam. Golden always had talent he just underachieved.

Advertisement
Back