Rambo named Transfer Player of the Week by 247 Sports

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium

The most deserving player of the top spot this week was Miami wide receiver Charleston Rambo, a transfer from Oklahoma. Rambo put up nine catches for 127 yards and two touchdowns in Miami's must-win game over No. 18 NC State. Rambo had a 60-yard catch on the day, continuing to flash his chops as an explosive outside weapon for the 'Canes.

It's the type of performance Miami was banking on when it brought Rambo on board (he was the fifth-ranked receiver in the 247Sports Top 150 Transfer Portal rankings), and given how depleted Miami's wide receiver corps has been and that third-string QB Tyler Van Dyke has been pressed into action, there's no question Rambo has been Miami's most significant roster add of the season, including 2021 high school signees. On the season, Rambo has 44 receptions for 549 yards and four touchdowns on the season. Rambo spent three seasons at Oklahoma and had a great year in 2019 before battling injuries and then transferring after 2020. The 3-4 Hurricanes travel to play Pittsburgh on Saturday.

Advertisement
His level of play is glaring compared to our other guys.. He makes the first guy miss consistently and has ability run after catch.. Real weapon, he should be getting more love but I usually see comments about what he isnt or some crap.. Again transfer players who develop elsewhere comes in and is best player.. Happened a couple times with the wr position group in last few years too..

Hate to say it but OU could really use him right about now. They are lacking a guy with his skillset. He would have probably gone ape$hit in that offense now with Caleb Williams at QB.. Glad hes a Cane though and hopefully we end the season strong with him not regretting his decision. He has been a life saver in that WR room.

Advertisement
So many "of the week" awards these days... but I guess more awards equals more clicks.
Either way, he played his heart out on Saturday night (which he's done most of the year, actually), continuing the trend of very solid transfer WRs to Miami.

Advertisement
I’ve been saying it since before the season started that Rambo was gonna have 1,000 yards this season. Still believe it
We just need to go full air raid and pass a ton, we cant run block but I guess pass blocking was a little better. We have WR weapons, rooster will still get touches and can be used more in space than trying to run inside zone run, etc. Dont know why lashlee forces the run when it doesnt work..

Advertisement
Advertisement
We just need to go full air raid and pass a ton, we cant run block but I guess pass blocking was a little better. We have WR weapons, rooster will still get touches and can be used more in space than trying to run inside zone run, etc. Dont know why lashlee forces the run when it doesnt work..
He wants to make it a little more unpredictable whether we’re gonna run or pass, which I agree with. But he calls run plays when he has no business calling run plays

Advertisement
Back