Rambo and Ford out of Sun Bowl

I was thinking this same thing after watching highlights earlier. Rambo made some astonishing catches
He was a great example of body control and adjusting to the ball in mid air. Better than any UM receiver at that in a very long time.

Advertisement
Go make that money, young men.

Don't forget the thick snow bunnies and grown man toys like raised F250s with Godzilla engines; that come with that money. Good to those youngmen, especially young mr. Ford.

902af3ca69ea082f222b5a14a170bb95.jpg

Go Canes

He was a great example of body control and adjusting to the ball in mid air. Better than any UM receiver at that in a very long time.
Agreed, he reminded me of Hankerson the year he was catching everything. Once they spotted the ball the found great position to catch.

Advertisement
Will wait for the OC decision and announcement, but it would help if we changed up our route trees. Guys would run free more often. Every weekend, I watch other teams repeatedly layer routes and scheme inside guys wide open. We really didn't consistently make creative attempts. Maybe we just couldn't get to it. I don't know the explanation. But, if I'm playing against TVD and know the dude can throw the ball to any sideline, I'm a little anxious about inside WRs.
That was the complaint with Malzahn (lashlee mentor) for yearss, they kept it real simple, use the run to setup pass type.. Lashlee evolved learning the dark arts of air raid but you know they keep it pretty simple also.. Nothing complicated. His offense is basically beat your man one on one. Rambo just has a skill of creating separation and was able to do it consistently.. Samething while he was at SMU, they had that WR who got drafted by raven, he made great catches in that offense consistently.

Ford might make some bread in a 3-4 in the pros

The penetration style was never his thing. He usually held his ground well. When he got washed, it was usually sideways.

He might get some burn as a run stuffer/block eater in the pros.

Advertisement
Will wait for the OC decision and announcement, but it would help if we changed up our route trees. Guys would run free more often. Every weekend, I watch other teams repeatedly layer routes and scheme inside guys wide open. We really didn't consistently make creative attempts. Maybe we just couldn't get to it. I don't know the explanation. But, if I'm playing against TVD and know the dude can throw the ball to any sideline, I'm a little anxious about inside WRs.

EXACTLY.

There were SO MANY PLAYS where nobody was open because the routes took them into defenders waiting on them.

We hardly ever ran combinations that isolated defenders and put them in no-man’s-land. Play calling/ design made us too easy to cover too often.

The penetration style was never his thing. He usually held his ground well. When he got washed, it was usually sideways.

He might get some burn as a run stuffer/block eater in the pros.

P A U S E

When asked for comment, Rambo said he loves UM and will miss his brothers, but he has no desire to ever step foot in El Paso for anything

Advertisement
I wish Rambo was playing but I can understand his decision. Ford is on the border between PFA/tryout level and needs all the tape he can get. He would've been much better off grad transferring but not sure if he had another year of eligibility or not
He's been out all year

Advertisement
EXACTLY.

There were SO MANY PLAYS where nobody was open because the routes took them into defenders waiting on them.

We hardly ever ran combinations that isolated defenders and put them in no-man’s-land. Play calling/ design made us too easy to cover too often.

Agreed, and w/ Rambo’s slight frame & lack of route tree, it’s going to be a tough sled.

Advertisement
Back