Raising Canes: Don Soldinger's 'Attitude of a Champion'

Advertisement
i just wonder if these players really appreciate what they're being exposed to or if they just politely sit through it and then go do whatever.

having played college ball...and had coaches that brought in motivational guys to speak. IMHO majority of guys just si through or are going about the motions. Its crazy, ive never been one of those types but guys likely are sitting their worrying about the next episode of Bad Girls Club that their running late to watch than what Soldinger's talking about.

Solly's kid subbed in to teach the back half of my economics class at my high school when I was a senior. Dude seemed like a stoner, psychedellic mushrooms on his lappy and had us listen to Springsteen in a class one day as an assignment. I always thought he musta drove his pops F'in nuts. Dude was a decent guy though and spoke with the same intensity as his father, just was always on some totally different ****. Prolly woulda been funny as **** to smk1 with him.

Advertisement
The poem was friggin amazing. I think Ed Reed referenced it in his speech to the team last season.

Advertisement
Now this is the Law of the Jungle
As old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper
But the Wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk
The Law runneth forward and back
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf
And the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.

When Coker scolded him for scolding Tyrone Moss about his weight after his 2003 freshman campaign, that's all I needed to know about Coker as a CEO

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back