Raising Canes: Don Soldinger's 'Attitude of a Champion'

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sol needs to be at some position at UM, consultant, professor, something, just bring this man back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i just wonder if these players really appreciate what they're being exposed to or if they just politely sit through it and then go do whatever.

i just wonder if these players really appreciate what they're being exposed to or if they just politely sit through it and then go do whatever.

As much as I would like to believe these kids sit there and soak it in, chances are they do not. If it were Mike Irvin or Ray Lewis they would. Not for a guy like Solly, unfortunately.

Advertisement
Great question, TheSwagger1. And Im glad you brought that up.. I honestly believe that the fans and the coaches were the only people ready to run through a wall after Michael Irvin's speech before the Spring game 2 years ago at Lockhart stadium. It was a GREAT atmosphere. Former NFL guys EVERYWHERE on the sidelines. Current NFL guys everywhere. Al Goldens first year so everyone was jacked..And I swear those kids looked like they really had no phucks left to give. And werent interested in purchasing any on credit either! I couldnt believe some of looks on guys faces in that locker room. Completely blank! Probably thinking to themselves what club they were gonna hit after the game was over..

This group I think is diffrent. They know whats up. Guys like Seantrel and Brandon Linder have seen it all. From the bums (Jamal Reid, StormJohnson and crew), to the overrated clowns (Marcus Forston, Jordan Futch and crew) to the crybabys (Brandon Washington, Latwan Anderson and that crew). They have seen recruiting classes TALK about bringing the U back but it being a bunch of hot air BS. How many classes has it been so far that EVERYONE said they are gonna be the ones to bring it back?? 9 and counting. (I say it started in 2005 with that class)

You couple these seniors and add in guys like Duke Johnson and Deon Bush and I think we might be on to something. These guys care and want to learn the history and BE APART of the history. Not just be another player in a uniform that nobody recognizes once their days are over. (Like Joe Joseph who I saw at the Spring game. He was there with his girl and two kids. You can tell he wanted someone to notice him so bad and you KNEW he was a football player cuz buddy is HUGE. But nobody gave a ****. Smh)

Moral of the post..These kids get it. And I would be SHOCKED if they AT THE VERY LEAST didnt have us back on the national stage before they leave here like Dan Morgan, Tana', and ReggieWayne and company did in 2000.

Advertisement
Back