RAID THE BIG 10 AND PAC 12!

Logic says hey they want to play and the sec and ACC are playing so let them be eligible immediately... but how does OSU or Michigan or any of those schools field a team if half their roster dips cause they wanna play. The rosters at these schools would be decimated.

I agree that it ain’t happening. These kids gonna have to stick it out till next year. Or they can transfer and sit out a year regardless.
NCAA would never allow it.. unless they are unhappy with those two conferences costing them $$. Seems unlikely

Advertisement
They granted a waiver for JT Daniels for absolutely no valid reason.

Why wouldn't they grant a waiver if football is canceled at their school?

I dont think he is saying the waiver is the issue. The waiver process is obviously a joke. It is the IC issue. Most classes are filled up. The NCAA ia probably unlikely to allow MORE ICs just so the ACC and SEC can steal all of the Big 10 and pac 12 players. If a player on oregon wants to transfer, the cancellation of the football season doesn't change that. Put your name in the portal, sign up else where, apply for the waiver. I agree the cancellation of the season gives a more valid reason for waivers than previously but the IC and scholarship limits are still an issue.

Problem is the ncaa has set themselves up for potential lawsuits if they dont allow a player to transfer and get eligibility considering the amount of players who’ve been granted immediate playing time for a lot less than a season being canceled.

That’s true too. This is such a mess and the NCAA is nowhere to be found as usual. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the NCAA and Mark Emmert.

That’s true too. This is such a mess and the NCAA is nowhere to be found as usual. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the NCAA and Mark Emmert.
If kids start asking for transfers then the ncaa is gonna push to shut the whole thing down. That might cause a rift between the 2 conferences and the ncaa. If it’s just the sec and acc then the ncaa will say that they will not recognize the season. I wonder how this will affect the saban Emmert relationship?

Yeah, I dont see them allowing mass transfers and at the same time letting other conferences stack their teams for the future. This is going to be messy though. What if athletes get legal representation saying their current school is not providing a platform for them to perform on and possibly further their career?
Don’t want all your best players to transfer? Don’t be in a conference that shuts your season down when doctors are saying it’s safe.

All these players from all of these canceled schools will still be training and playing every day this fall to improve themselves. They’re not gonna be quarantined at home. Let them play, or they might transfer away.

Advertisement
The NCAA without question going to have to make exceptions this year.
they will likely allow an extra year of eligibility for currently-enrolled players. That does not mean we get to sign 35 guys or that players will get immediate transfer waivers.

It wouldn't even mean raising a scholarship cap. It would just lock in those guys for an extra year. Yes, during those years, schools would run over 85 total scholarships, to return to normal once these guys are done.

Don't expect anything beyond that.

My thought is that if these two conferences decided to not play this fall, I’m sure they have spoken to the NCAA about not allowing players to transfer. The Big 10 and PAC-12 both knew that the SEC and ACC were going to try and push forward. You don’t think that would be something that they would discuss with the NCAA before deciding to shut everything down?

Recruits aren't gonna leave their school because of a choice the school's conference made lol

Transfers can only be from grad students, other kids will have to sit out a year or get a waiver (that the NCAA ain't gonna give them)
Uhm, not so sure about that. Who knows if the schools will allow football in 2021?

Only grad transfer's will get immediate eligibility. NCAA won't Grant anyone a waiver who transfer's because of the cancellation

Advertisement
I feel like recruiting classes won't be affected that much.

Transfers may be a huge thing though.
It will be gigantic in the spring if the pandemic has weakened but not vanished. There would be no logic for the Big Ten and Pac-12 to resume football in the fall of 2021, and if you're a freshman player for the 2020 season at one of the schools can you take the chance of not playing for two consecutive years? It dampens if not ends your NFL prospects. You may see a massive, enormous wave of transfers.

The challenge is available roster spots for the Big 12, SEC, and ACC. It's essentially like the NFL contracting by losing a third of its teams. All of the remaining teams are going to get a talent boost.

Only grad transfer's will get immediate eligibility. NCAA won't Grant anyone a waiver who transfer's because of the cancellation
What NCAA? The one that refuses to acknowledge this situation? The remaining conferences should just ignore it, or pressure it to alter its rules and agree to scholarship limit elevation to perhaps 110 players to allow for the influx of transfers and ultimately high school students from the PAC-12 and Big Ten after the majority of its member schools abandon college football.

I dont think he is saying the waiver is the issue. The waiver process is obviously a joke. It is the IC issue. Most classes are filled up. The NCAA ia probably unlikely to allow MORE ICs just so the ACC and SEC can steal all of the Big 10 and pac 12 players. If a player on oregon wants to transfer, the cancellation of the football season doesn't change that. Put your name in the portal, sign up else where, apply for the waiver. I agree the cancellation of the season gives a more valid reason for waivers than previously but the IC and scholarship limits are still an issue.
SEC, ACC, and Big 12 need to lean on the NCAA on this issue and raise the scholarship limit. The NCAA has to be clear-headed and realize that the other two Power 5 conferences are essentially done in the short-term with college football, and as being revenue drivers. The PAC-12 and Big Ten will probably abandon the NCAA and form their own separate organization, but let them.

Aint no way in ****, a high profile player like that going to sit and twiddle his thumbs for a year, getting a year older, and not stepping on the field. You can tell he loves the game. Id be shocked if he didnt transfer. With transfer king Diaz, I feel pretty good.
IMO, Flowe's a pipe dream, we aren't getting him. But if you're going to sit and twiddle your thumbs for a year, can there be a better time to do it than when your conference is forcing you to sit anyways.

Just saying.

Advertisement
People keep saying that.

And it keeps not happening.

But, sure, the Big 10 and Pac 12 are going to sit by as the NCAA allows IC exemptions so that the SEC and ACC can take all the transfers.

Yeah...not going to happen.
This just happened a few hours ago. And the NCAA has shown they would as they have cleared anyone who wanted to transfer this summer without sitting out . Not all cases have been determined but all the ones that have the players have been eligible ( if they wanted to ) right away.

Recruits aren't gonna leave their school because of a choice the school's conference made lol

Transfers can only be from grad students, other kids will have to sit out a year or get a waiver (that the NCAA ain't gonna give them)
But recruits can opt out especially the 2021 class.

I feel like recruiting classes won't be affected that much.

Transfers may be a huge thing though.
I think recruiting will be affected. The NCAA will probably let all their current seniors stay an extra year. Means another year of less playing time for 2021 recruits. If the NCAA makes the seniors leave, then you’re joining a conference that pussies out and might take away your chance of proving you’re NFL worthy

Advertisement
Ncaa has no power to stop a kid from transferring. The conferences have dictated the action, two of which decided not to play. If a player wants to transfer to not waste a year, no one can stop that player, not the school, not the conference and not the ncaa.
If I’m a school in the three conferences that are playing I take as many transfers as I need to get me to the 85 scholarship limit. The numbers for recruiting won’t be impacted. If there ever was a year to load up, this is it. Take advantage, cause there is no one to stop either the school or the player. NCAA in college football is effectively irrelevant at this point

They granted a waiver for JT Daniels for absolutely no valid reason.

Why wouldn't they grant a waiver if football is canceled at their school?

A waiver is just something that allows a player to avoid the 1-year sit-out rule when he transfers under all other valid rules (player enters the portal and signs with a school under the 25 IC and 85 counter rules).

That's not what is being discussed here.

There are 15 ACC teams, 14 SEC teams, and 10 Big 12 teams that are already very close to (or at) their limits of 25 ICs and 85 counters for the 2020-2021 school year.

What some people are claiming is that the NCAA will imminently change the rules so that these 39 schools can poach all the players from the conferences that have cancelled or delayed the 2020 football season.

It is now August 12. The fall semester starts in a few days. There is no NCAA rule change that has even been proposed. The NCAA has a long history of fighting against rules that would benefit student-athletes, including fighting the NIL rules all the way to the Supreme Court.

Yet we are supposed to believe that the NCAA will, in a matter of days, allow mass transfers...because we want them to...and/or so the NCAA can help a few student-athletes all of a sudden, even though they've shown no inclination to respond to the problems and realities of Covid for months?

Yeah, just keep believing that dopey "fresssh" guy. I'm sure he's plugged in. "Without question". No evidence, no proof, but he just uses that "without question" logic.

If kids want to play, but the school is not giving them that option, then how can they not give them an exemption? Doesn't seem fair to the kids that are willing and ready to play. They didn't get a vote on if the season was going to be canceled, pushed backed or delayed.

As has been mentioned about a million times, people need to realize there are multiple rules involved.

1. The 1-year sit-out rule - the NCAA has already become super-liberal on this rule, handing out waivers like Halloween candy. Perhaps people think the NCAA is going to create an "express lane" which will allow them to rule on dozens, maybe hundreds, of waiver applications in the span of a few days. OK, maybe.

2. The 25 IC rule - nearly every SEC, ACC, and Big 12 team is already at their 2020-2021 IC limits. And, sure, someone dopey like "fressh" is going to bring up blueshirting. Fine. But that just takes numbers away from the 2021-2022 signing class. So, yeah, if people think that 39 schools are just going to cannibalize next year's signing class to take some transfers this year (and who knows if the season will actually go the full distance), then just believe what you want to believe.

3. The 85 counter rule - again, nearly every SEC, ACC, and Big 12 team is at or near their 2020-2021 limits of 85 scholarships. Yes, it is largely due to the award of scholarships to walk-ons. But those scholarships have already been awarded. Unless people think that we are going to revoke all the walk-on scholarships.

Nobody is saying that the NCAA will "prevent" transfers. But the NCAA can prevent transfers from getting athletic scholarships.

I have no problems with the NCAA changing the rules. I simply don't think the NCAA will do so in the next week or two. How many ICs and/or counters do we think are left at the 39 schools who are trying to play the 2020 season. ****, Miami is already out of ICs and eating into 2021-2022, even if we have a couple of (overall) scholarships left.

So, yeah, "raiding the Pac 12 and Big 10" is not very likely, unless the NCAA changes its IC and counter rules to benefit the SEC-ACC-Big 12. And if the NCAA changes its IC and counter rules to benefit the SEC-ACC-Big 12, it is going to lose the Pac 12 and Big 10.

Advertisement
Back