MLB R.I.P Vin Scully

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would listen to the tigers at night all summer visiting gramps as a kid. The old timers were the best no question. RIP

always going to YouTube looking for old clips.

Any sonny Hirsch calls? MIAMA

Advertisement
Vin was the soundtrack of many summers growing up in SoCal as a huge Dodgers fan. It was no joke that people would bring their radios and headphones to listen to his broadcasts during the games. Absolutely the greatest to ever do it in the booth. And great human being. RIP Vin

Being a kid in the 80's i always loved listening to Vin Scully and Mel Allen commentating baseball. Will never forget this call!

This is a gem. Thankyou.

And I am a Royals and Pirates fan...

Look who is at first base for the A's.

Scully was absolutely great. You feel like you're in the living room with him. Exciting, painted a commentary picture. Old school, good stuff. Like no TV 50's thang.

Advertisement
because....ESPN....they made it cool to be loud and illiterate.

I would also add that it appears that every broadcaster appears to be Syracuse or Northwestern grads which means a bunch of suburbian dweeb calling games which make it a circle-jerking arena of 115lb nerds calling games and providing useless commentary.

Advertisement
Vin & Chick, L.A sports were blessed w/ two of some of the greatest voices in sports. I am neither a LAL or LAD fan, but I regularly tuned in just to hear Vin & Chick spit on the mic w/ an unbiased affection for the love of the game. Vin was just spitting facts of the history of the game, anecdotal stories in such a soothing, calming voice while putting u front in center on the mound, at the plate, & in the batters box. Chick just called the game in a way that when u closed ur eyes, u know every detail of what was happening.

The love & care those two showed for their respective sports & the ones tuning in via radio or TV will never be duplicated, & I hate using such a word “never”, but it just won’t. These guys today do it for $, those guys did it for love.

I know we all die eventually, but man, seeing Mr Russell & Mr Scully die on back to back days sucks & is unbelievable & unreal.

Advertisement
Back