R.I.P. Freeman Brown

Advertisement
Rip! My condolences to the family and loved ones.

Advertisement
Not trying to insult you, but thinking weed has something to do with people dying of cancer is like believing a woman can get pregnant via the crapper seat.

Not trying to insult you, but thinking weed has something to do with people dying of cancer is like believing a woman can get pregnant via the crapper seat.

So inhaling smoke into your lungs can't cause cancer? Teach me. I'm open to learning.

Advertisement
I don't know about weed and cancer (smoking anything does not seem healthy from the lungs POV) but was he ever able to lose weight? He was a huge man and carrying excessive weight is thought to be a cancer risk. Extra fat in the body can have harmful effects, like producing hormones and growth factors that affect the way our cells work.

RIP Big Man

I'm sure I can't teach you anything new. But weed specifically does not cause cancer. Smoking will, as will any smoke that has a carcinogenic component, including smoke from certain compounds being burned, including overheated teflon in you cooking utensils. Cigarettes have far more carcinogens than weed. From National Cancer Institute, "Of the more than 7,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke, at least 250 are known to be harmful, including hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide, and ammonia (1, 2, 5). Among the 250 known harmful chemicals in tobacco smoke, at least 69 can cause cancer." This, cannot be said, or is unproven of weed.

I hope this conversation does not distract from the main thread, RIP Mr. Brown.

I don't know about weed and cancer (smoking anything does not seem healthy from the lungs POV) but was he ever able to lose weight? He was a huge man and carrying excessive weight is thought to be a cancer risk. Extra fat in the body can have harmful effects, like producing hormones and growth factors that affect the way our cells work.

RIP Big Man

That makes more sense, as excess body fat is known to store toxins and other things the body can't process or eliminate.

Advertisement
I'm sure I can't teach you anything new. But weed specifically does not cause cancer. Smoking will, as will any smoke that has a carcinogenic component, including smoke from certain compounds being burned, including overheated teflon in you cooking utensils. Cigarettes have far more carcinogens than weed. From National Cancer Institute, "Of the more than 7,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke, at least 250 are known to be harmful, including hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide, and ammonia (1, 2, 5). Among the 250 known harmful chemicals in tobacco smoke, at least 69 can cause cancer." This, cannot be said, or is unproven of weed.

So would you agree that your claim that "thinking weed has something to do with people dying of cancer is like believing a woman can get pregnant via the crapper seat" is baseless hyperbole?

I never meant to infer that looking at or touching weed would cause cancer; I was talking about smoking it being a possible cause for the rise in cancer among younger people. Maybe it isn't, but I don't think it's an outlandish hypothesis.

So would you agree that your claim that "thinking weed has something to do with people dying of cancer is like believing a woman can get pregnant via the crapper seat" is baseless hyperbole?

I never meant to infer that looking at or touching weed would cause cancer; I was talking about smoking it being a possible cause for the rise in cancer among younger people. Maybe it isn't, but I don't think it's an outlandish hypothesis.

You are right, but no to "baseless hyperbole." In fact, any smoke is bad for our lungs. Smoke from a house fire can cause death. Cancer from smoking weed at the same frequency and quantity as smoking cigarettes is in early study stages, as not many people smoke that much weed, a relatively new trend. But weed smoke does not contain as many carcinogens as cigarette smoke, but who knows what may unfold. Besides, Scarring of the lung lining from smoking cigarettes takes decades to manifest as cancer, very unlikely for someone so young to develop cancer so quickly, unless there are other contributing factors such as a genetic predisposition or pre-existing illness.

Advertisement
That’s a **** shame. RIP
Freeman and Ricky Perry were some of the biggest dudes to walk through the Hecht .

Advertisement
Back