Quinton Flowers 5 TDs vs Miami Edison

Quarterback Quinton Flowers scored five touchdowns as the Generals (3-1) shut out the Red Raiders (1-3) Friday at Traz Powell Stadium.

“We started out slow,” Flowers said. “I sat down and told my offense, I said ‘I don’t like running the ball. I shouldn’t have to be doing this, so we have to go out there and put up points by me throwing the ball,’ so that’s what we came out in the second half and did.”

Jackson linebacker James Alexander scored on a fumble recovery. The next Generals’ score came on a 4-yard pass by Flowers to Terrance Rutherford. The Generals added two scores in the second quarter
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/28/3655924/quarterback-quinton-flowers-scores.html

STATS
Quinton Flowers 5/12 128yds 3td 0int
3att 61yds 20.3avg 2td

Advertisement
I lost my QF crush after he got decimated by BTW. 3 for 18 for 56 yards with 3 interceptions. He's a gamer, but he's not a QB.

Advertisement
I lost my QF crush after he got decimated by BTW. 3 for 18 for 56 yards with 3 interceptions. He's a gamer, but he's not a QB.

That was the game that couldve sold some people. I think he will change his mind later on especially if Nebraska fires their coach

If he wants to waste his chance at making an NFL career maybe by being stubborn about a position let him waste his talent

People close need to get in that ear and let him know where his money position is CB/S

If he wants to waste his chance at making an NFL career maybe by being stubborn about a position let him waste his talent

People close need to get in that ear and let him know where his money position is CB/S

I'm going to start calling this the Denard Robinson syndrome. Cost himself millions. Russell Wilson is the exception not the rule.

I'm going to start calling this the Denard Robinson syndrome. Cost himself millions. Russell Wilson is the exception not the rule.

Was going to post the exacting thing.

Advertisement
id still take this kid as an ath. but i don't think he'd be willing

Taking him as an athlete is a no-brianer.

IMO we should take him however he wants and let him compete, and hence let things play out. As far as Edison sucking, from many reports Jackson isn't exactly loaded either, or well-coached.

Bottom line he's a talent and a personality I want at the U.

UF just recently offered him.

Pete, Tito, or Glory anybody hear anything on this? Supposedly he's been told he'll get a shot at QB if he wants, but I'm not an insider so I don't know. Can't hurt I guess.

So now we have FSU and UF lying to kids telling them they will get a shot at QB. Kind of sucks we can't do this but also like that our staff is honest with these kids.

Advertisement
So now we have FSU and UF lying to kids telling them they will get a shot at QB. Kind of sucks we can't do this but also like that our staff is honest with these kids.

Have you seen UF's QB situation? Now I don't think he'll be a QB...but Manziel had like 4 offers as a QB too, everybody else wanted his as a DB, how did that workout? From my understanding, he has been told he'll get his shot and if it doesn't work out he'll be a safety...he's intrigued with Muschamp's background there. Don't think it's 'lying' anyway, the kid isn't asking to be guaranteed that he's a QB, he just wants a shot, what could it hurt? You either end up with Denard Robinson or he switches positions, it's a win-win.

And that Franklin kid for FSU is still playing QB...

Last edited:

Have you seen UF's QB situation? Now I don't think he'll be a QB...but Manziel had like 4 offers as a QB too, everybody else wanted his as a DB, how did that workout? From my understanding, he has been told he'll get his shot and if it doesn't work out he'll be a safety...he's intrigued with Muschamp's background there. Don't think it's 'lying' anyway, the kid isn't asking to be guaranteed that he's a QB, he just wants a shot, what could it hurt? You either end up with Denard Robinson or he switches positions, it's a win-win.

Franklin will never play qb and we know it. Now I agree with you there that Flowers will be given a chance I just don't think much of one because I dont think it'll work out for him as a qb

Advertisement

Franklin will never play qb and we know it. Now I agree with you there that Flowers will be given a chance I just don't think much of one because I dont think it'll work out for him as a qb

We will see, FSU people say he is impressing. You never know, recruiting is a crap shoot.

Now if UF was telling him he'd no doubt 100% be a QB...then yea I'd call bull****. But from my understanding that isn't happening. I won't discount him, I'd actually like to see what he'd bring to the table if he came, which I don't think he will (my guess is Marshall). He's raw as **** but he could be good with some fine tuning. Either way with an athlete that good you give them their shot, I can't hurt.

We will see, FSU people say he is impressing. You never know, recruiting is a crap shoot.

Now if UF was telling him he'd no doubt 100% be a QB...then yea I'd call bull****. But from my understanding that isn't happening. I won't discount him, I'd actually like to see what he'd bring to the table if he came, which I don't think he will (my guess is Marshall). He's raw as **** but he could be good with some fine tuning. Either way with an athlete that good you give them their shot, I can't hurt.

If that's how it is and they really have an agreement then it's a great move for you guys

If that's how it is and they really have an agreement then it's a great move for you guys

Yep, they are saying he contacted UF about possibly playing DB, but he wants to try out QB first. Why are you guys not giving him the chance? I think the kid knows by now his best position might not be QB, Bama is supposedly tied at #1 with Marshall and they've flat out told him he'd be a receiver.

I think its a good move for UF because I think Flowers would be a great S, I want him here at S. Unfortunately we can't do this type of stuff because for some reason it creates a huge backlash with HS coaches.

Advertisement
Back