Quincy Wilson

The one thing about this kid that is a HUGE enigma and nobody seems to be talking about is what the heck is his 40 time? Yeah hes big. Thats great and all but if he is 6'1 200lbs but runs a 4.65 that is a huge no go for me. I thought this kid could be a Mike Rumph type CB for us but Mike was running 4.4s in his sleep out of HS. Something tells me the staff knows this kid isn't fast enough to play CB and could turn into a Vaughn Telemaque 2.0 on us.

(Btw, I like him and I want him to get an offer. He has gone toe to toe with the best WRs in south florida and held his own at various camps. Thats enough for me. But i guess not for Al. Which I am cool with.)

Advertisement
He was covering Lane and Brady so I doubt he is that slow. You guys claimed Grace was 4.4 or 4.5 guy but Quincy runs a 4.6 lol. If Quincy had an offer from Miami, you guys would be claiming he runs 4.3 or some ****.

Quincy Twitter:

"@D1andOnly_Q: Lol I'm a big cornerback, I play cornerback, i will be playing cornerback in college smh"

That was in response to SB Nation article on whether or not he will be a corner or safety in college.

and thats why he doesnt have an offer

Quincy Twitter:

"@D1andOnly_Q: Lol I'm a big cornerback, I play cornerback, i will be playing cornerback in college smh"

That was in response to SB Nation article on whether or not he will be a corner or safety in college.

and thats why he doesnt have an offer

Um Treon Harris has an offer as an athlete even though he says he is going to be a QB in college.

Quincy Twitter:

I don't like the attitude if this is his opinion.

why not? isn't that the same type of attitude Winky has regarding himself at qb? Or Dalvin at rb?

Direct me to a quote from Winky Flowers that says that.

Advertisement
Quincy Twitter:

why not? isn't that the same type of attitude Winky has regarding himself at qb? Or Dalvin at rb?

Direct me to a quote from Winky Flowers that says that.

“I'll put it like this: If I'm not being recruited at quarterback, you will not see me at your school,” Flowers said. “I'm a quarterback and will continue to play that. I don't care if people say I'm too short. Drew Brees is not tall so I'm just gonna keep fighting. I guarantee you I will play quarterback,” - Quinton Winky Flowers story was done by none other than Peter Ariz for SF sports

Advertisement
If buddy was 6'1 200 and had 4.4 speed playing CB he would have an offer. You can bet that. You don't see cats with measurables like that walking around everyday. Pete said that the staff thought he was stiff and slow. Too slow to me at the DB position is a 4.6 or worse. Especially if you are big as he is. But then again Mike Rumph wasnt the shiftiest guy on team either. Part of the reason he fizzled out in the league. But hey...Who cares in the end. As long as we get 2-3 guys in I think we are good.

If buddy was 6'1 200 and had 4.4 speed playing CB he would have an offer. You can bet that. You don't see cats with measurables like that walking around everyday. Pete said that the staff thought he was stiff and slow. Too slow to me at the DB position is a 4.6 or worse. Especially if you are big as he is. But then again Mike Rumph wasnt the shiftiest guy on team either. Part of the reason he fizzled out in the league. But hey...Who cares in the end. As long as we get 2-3 guys in I think we are good.

straight line speed has nothing to do with quick hip movement and ability to react quickly in an a particularly area with good footwork

Advertisement
Last edited:
Quincy Twitter:

Dalvin is a RB, are you really using this as an example? Reach!

I also don't like this attitude but if you are good at what you do (play QB, play CB) then sometimes people will overlook the attitude. If you are a so-so player and have an attitude, not a good combination. Like I said, I don't like the attitude if it is true.

DB isn't a position of need, we can be selective and the staff will be selective. It is as simple as this...We brought in a bunch of great players in 2012 and in 2013. We should try to get 2-3 of the best and call it a day.

Advertisement
Quincy Twitter:

I also don't like this attitude but if you are good at what you do (play QB, play CB) then sometimes people will overlook the attitude. If you are a so-so player and have an attitude, not a good combination. Like I said, I don't like the attitude if it is true.

well it is true because that his twitter and how is it a reach? I used an example of another south Florida player that wants to stay at his position when he goes to college instead of switching. Same thing Quincy wants to do. I don't think so -so players end up with 30 d1 offers before spring. I like the attitude even if it came from a 2* star kid, you should always play with a chip on your shoulder.

Quincy Twitter:

well it is true because that his twitter and how is it a reach? I used an example of another south Florida player that wants to stay at his position when he goes to college instead of switching. Same thing Quincy wants to do. I don't think so -so players end up with 30 d1 offers before spring. I like the attitude even if it came from a 2* star kid, you should always play with a chip on your shoulder.

Should we move Kevin Olsen to WR? Some players only play certain positions. Dalvin is a RB (maybe he could play some WR) but the kid is a RB. Who wants to move this kid? Why would anyone move Dalvin? Is any team considering this? The answer is no one, that is why it is a bad comparison.

Quincy, I don't know maybe they may like him at OLB. Maybe he needs to be more OPEN if he wants an offer. I like a team player (do what is best for the team) over a kid that refuses to change positions. Extreme talent changes things.

Are you a friend of Quincy? A fan of his?

Well, I think this is a situation where we need to step back and let it play out. At this point you guys are just trying to force you opinion on each other and its not going to work. For whatever reason the kid is just not wanted by the staff. Not sure why but, if they wanted him they would have offered. My question to you guys would be why do you care so much? Is it because he is whining on twitter about not having an offer?

Personally, I dont think we need more than two in this class, we still have Dortch, Crawford, Howard, Bush, Carter, Burns, Hope, and Rayshawn Jenkins that are all freshman and sophomores. Plus we get Gunter back for one more yr after this season, so losing Rodgers and Highsmith does not kill us and I think adding even two to replace those two would be enough.

Should we move Kevin Olsen to WR? Some players only play certain positions. Dalvin is a RB (maybe he could play some WR) but the kid is a RB. Who wants to move this kid? Why would anyone move Dalvin? Is any team considering this? The answer is no one, that is why it is a bad comparison.

Quincy, I don't know maybe they may like him at OLB. Maybe he needs to be more OPEN if he wants an offer. I like a team player (do what is best for the team) over a kid that refuses to change positions. Extreme talent changes things.

Are you a friend of Quincy? A fan of his?

lol im not fans of 17 year olds, and i agree that he has to be more open if he really wants that offer because from the looks of it he is not getting one at corner however time can change things. Theres nothing wrong with thinking that he is meant to play a certain position since he has obviously had a certain level success at it. Im talking about what the player seems themself as, when asked Dalvin said hes a rb, Winky said hes a qb, quincy a cb,etc. & brining in Kevin Olsen has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Dalvin has shown elite ablities at rb, wr, and db. Im defending my point of view, not the player.

Advertisement
Back