Quick thoughts

terdferguson

Junior
We showed up scared and intimidated. The amount of mental errors was astounding. Penalties. Knuckleheaded plays. You name it. We didn't have 5 gazillion stupid penalties against other teams but against these guys, we did. Why? We were scared. That's embarrassing, especially considering they had a 20% crowd. I do not like the tact that our coaches took before this game. Herbstreit and Fowler talked about how our coaches tried to get our guys to believe they belonged and could play. That says to our guys....you might not belong and everyone else thinks you don't belong, but I'm trying to convince you that you do. Bad idea. Good teams don't talk like that. Assume that your guys do belong and they will too.

We need to recruit more speed. They have guys that can fly all over the place. Our speed is eh. Their dbs sat in our hip pockets on every single deep throw. We don't have speed like that in our secondary. We don't have any game changing speed on our offense either.

Our lb play is atrocious. I lost count on how many times McCloud was roasted. I'm waiting for Jennings to make a meaningful play. Slow. Out of position. These guys are stink. We have a head coach that specializes in lb play. We have our defensive coordinator who coaches inside linebackers, which is just one guy on the field. We have another coach, Patke, who coaches outside linebackers, which again is just one guy on the field. So each linebacker on the field has their very own dedicated coach. How our lb play is this bad with this arrangement is mind blowing.

Our starting wrs are bad. No one is surprised.

On that note, none of the starting 3 wrs can win a 50/50 ball down the field. Yet Lashlee and King threw long pass after long pass after long pass that were all jump balls. Lashlee morphed into Jeff ******* Bowden tonight.

Shocking that we only put up 200 yards of offense. I did not expect that at all.

I love how when Clemson blitzes, they put guys up on the line and attack the a gap. Wish we did that more.

Amari Carter should never see the field again. Yes, really. He's poor in coverage. He's stiff. He can hit big, but in today's game that's useless. Instead it translates into penalties and ejections. What does he do well? His ejection today really ****ed us as we were forced to play a true freshman at safety. Enough is enough, get him to the bench.

Advertisement
We showed up scared and intimidated. The amount of mental errors was astounding. Penalties. Knuckleheaded plays. You name it. We didn't have 5 gazillion stupid penalties against other teams but against these guys, we did. Why? We were scared. That's embarrassing, especially considering they had a 20% crowd. I do not like the tact that our coaches took before this game. Herbstreit and Fowler talked about how our coaches tried to get our guys to believe they belonged and could play. That says to our guys....you might not belong and everyone else thinks you don't belong, but I'm trying to convince you that you do. Bad idea. Good teams don't talk like that. Assume that your guys do belong and they will too.

We need to recruit more speed. They have guys that can fly all over the place. Our speed is eh. Their dbs sat in our hip pockets on every single deep throw. We don't have speed like that in our secondary. We don't have any game changing speed on our offense either.

Our lb play is atrocious. I lost count on how many times McCloud was roasted. I'm waiting for Jennings to make a meaningful play. Slow. Out of position. These guys are stink. We have a head coach that specializes in lb play. We have our defensive coordinator who coaches inside linebackers, which is just one guy on the field. We have another coach, Patke, who coaches outside linebackers, which again is just one guy on the field. So each linebacker on the field has their very own dedicated coach. How our lb play is this bad with this arrangement is mind blowing.

On that note, none of the starting 3 wrs can win a 50/50 ball down the field. Yet Lashlee and King threw long pass after long pass after long pass that were all jump balls. Lashlee morphed into Jeff ******* Bowden tonight.

Shocking that we only put up 200 yards of offense. I did not expect that at all.

I love how when Clemson blitzes, they put guys up on the line and attack the a gap. Wish we did that more.

Amari Carter should never see the field again. Yes, really. He's poor in coverage. He's stiff. He can hit big, but in today's game that's useless. Instead it translates into penalties and ejections. What does he do well? His ejection today really ****ed us as we were forced to play a true freshman at safety. Enough is enough, get him to the bench.
Clemson is very well coached. Big difference.

Clemson is very well coached. Big difference.
I agree yes we have some player issues but coaching is the biggest difference in that game last night! They were better prepared! Like clock work, bye week we come out looking like we’ve played 100 weeks in a row. The commentator mentioned the big difference in play calling between the two teams

Right on! your being nice here as well. There has to be something going on. I just dont understand how our d line cannot dominate -- nesta and ford ESP - Clemson makes plays all game... On a good day we might have 2 highlights from nesta and 0 from ford -- on a good day*

Advertisement
If teams are going to key on our inside zone and take away Jordan, then line up Mallory on the outside. He has decent speed and at least gives us a chance on 50/50 balls on single coverage.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Clemson defense was stealing our signs and knew our plays—seriously❗
They’re just way better coached than Miami ..... Besides talent differential coaching was absolutely the difference ... Clemson came in cool and collected cause they KNEW they were going to do whatever they wanted to do all game long .... They’re much better coached and more prepared .... Miami is undisciplined and very low football IQ .. And it’s blatantly obvious ... The very first touchdown on that screen pass showed it .. Miamis D literally looked like a little league team running around like they didn’t know what the **** was going on ... It was like that the entire game offense and defense ... It’s a mediocre coaching staff vs an Elite staff and it’s not even a little bit close

But aren't Pope and Wiggins suppose to be speedster : linebacking is just plain bad as its being for the last number of years

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back