Quick thoughts the day after-

OL has made progress but lost Sat night against a top physical defense. WR s should be playing for FCS teams. Not a winning formula against a top team. I think OL will continue to improve and if all return next season should be an above ave line. Still a question how good recruiting will be for present offensive staff but would be hard to be worse than previous 2 staffs

Advertisement
I completely disagree. Lashlee had a very poor game plan and didn't adjust. He was baited into calling vertical pass plays because Clemson was playing man coverage on our WRs with no safety help. We don't have the WRs (at least not the starters) for a verical game that we're not good at.

Secondly, as badly as we played on offense (only running 54 plays and 9 first downs), we were 2 defensive penalties and 1 redzone interception from a 28-24 game. If we don't have those two 3rd down penalties on Clemson's first 2 drives, they punt the ball and score 28 points instead of 42.

If we get a better offensive game plan and cut out the penalties we can play a competitive game with Clemson.
Penalties did indeed put up points on the board.........no question.

Theres only 2 juniors that should leave and I wouldn’t be angry. Bubba B and Cam Harris. Bubba is balling and his stock might not be higher next season same goes for Harris. Idky it took until 6 mins left in the first half to give him a carry but idc games over love on. Team looks like a top 15 team just not a top 5. Which is great given the fact we were one of the worst teams in the entire power 5 last year. Now lets keep building and if we can close the season out well maybe manny can convince guys to stay and make a run next year with the influx of talent coming potentially back and freshmen coming in.

Advertisement
Back