Quick summary of UF’s season last year. They aren’t as good as their record says.

CountdownCountyCane

Recruit
Banned
Found on reddit. I feel much better about going into this game after reading this. I mean I knew they weren’t as good as their record but after reading this it really sheds light onto their season last year. Overrated.

Florida is an interesting team this year. They finished 6th in the country at 10-3 with an impressive win over Michigan in the bowl. Despite that many feel that they were overrated and that the record was an indicator of a weaker schedule. They lost to UK, Mizzou and UGA, had to come back from 14+ point deficits against South Carolina at home and @Vandy. They had close wins over LSU and Miss State but their other regular season wins were over a 3-9 MWC team, a 4-7 FCS team, a 5-6 FCS team, two 5-7 teams, a 6-7 team and a 7-6 team. Then they blow out a Michigan team many thought should have been playoff bound a week before Thanksgiving. Despite that schedule they finish with an even record (or winning if you're looking at the Coaches Poll) against top 25 finishers. All this while being a younger team. They bring back a lot of talent but there's doubt about them replicating last years success. Then they've been in the news constantly throughout the offseason with injuries, suspensions, transfers and non-qualifiers. I'm really excited for the game this weekend to see what UF is.

Advertisement
I agree!!! I told people they either lost or struggled with good teams.

They lost to UK, Mizzou and UGA, had to come back from 14+ point deficits against South Carolina at home and @Vandy. They had close wins over LSU and Miss State but their other regular season wins were over a 3-9 MWC team, a 4-7 FCS team, a 5-6 FCS team, two 5-7 teams, a 6-7 team and a 7-6 team.

Advertisement
Give us Hard Rock and someone that could punt past 7 yards and we would have been down to the wire with LSU. Quality win by UF yes but let’s not get carried away

Advertisement
Found on reddit. I feel much better about going into this game after reading this. I mean I knew they weren’t as good as their record but after reading this it really sheds light onto their season last year. Overrated.

Florida is an interesting team this year. They finished 6th in the country at 10-3 with an impressive win over Michigan in the bowl. Despite that many feel that they were overrated and that the record was an indicator of a weaker schedule. They lost to UK, Mizzou and UGA, had to come back from 14+ point deficits against South Carolina at home and @Vandy. They had close wins over LSU and Miss State but their other regular season wins were over a 3-9 MWC team, a 4-7 FCS team, a 5-6 FCS team, two 5-7 teams, a 6-7 team and a 7-6 team. Then they blow out a Michigan team many thought should have been playoff bound a week before Thanksgiving. Despite that schedule they finish with an even record (or winning if you're looking at the Coaches Poll) against top 25 finishers. All this while being a younger team. They bring back a lot of talent but there's doubt about them replicating last years success. Then they've been in the news constantly throughout the offseason with injuries, suspensions, transfers and non-qualifiers. I'm really excited for the game this weekend to see what UF is.
Inversely, if we have a punter we win 2 or 3 more games or an average offense even more games. The LSU game we had more yardage, more first downs, held them to 6 points in the second half except our un-special teams and offense lost it for us in the 1st quarter. If our offense this year is just average we will win a lot more games. We lost to Va by 3, Duke by 8 after a stupid penalty took us out of that game and at Pitt Perry was only 6 of 24, not a very good average for a 60 minute game.

UF 10 win opponents record was 58-53, but the record for the 3 losses was 29-11? They beat a legit LSU team, but Miss. St. was mediocre, and U Michigan was missing their 4 best players

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back