Quick Recap

ChosenOne

Band
Banned
.... of the greatest day we've had as Canes fan in a long, long time.

First and Foremost. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The Gayturds lost to a LSU team that lost to Troy. Troy > LSU > Gator. We beat FSU.

The tide was turning before the game just by looking at the recruiting but the wheels are officially in motion.

On to the game.

1) Our run Defense is terrible. FSU O-line is terrible and we still gave up 203 yards to them on the ground despite them having a true freshman QB. D-line was just not doing a great job of stopping the RBs from getting to the second level. Also, the LB were just not going into the right gaps like I said after the Duke game. McCloud just has not taken the leap I hope he would make imo. He just isn't containing the outside well enough. We aren't containing well against the cutbacks either.

2) With all that said 2 breakdowns on Defense led to 2 FSU TDs. On the Izzo TD Shaq was suppose to at least reroute him and idk what that was from Knowles. Hopefully Redwine is fine. Also **** Redwine how you get truckstick like that? hit the weight room sir.

3) Delaney was BIG TIME imo. I can't remember saying "OMG Delaney" all game. Also had a pick. Jaquan should of had a pick on that TD to tate.

4) I've never seen something like the turnover chain motivate our players to get turnovers. Great addition and it is so Miami.

5) Malik Rosier had the worse and best game I've ever seen from a Canes win. Okay, maybe Freeman but man the guy made plays when it mattered unlike Kaaya who usually had better stats vs FSU. What does drive me insane are those high passes that gets Int despite a good read. All of his Int were off overthrows to the WR. On his day off he need to practice driving the football from 15-30 yards out inbetween the hashes. Practice makes perfect Malik. Also throw the **** ball to Herndon. Dude was open all day in the middle of the field. PLEASE just throw it to him some.

6) Top South Florida recruits come on back home. FSU is down and Florida is Florida. Miami is trending up. We don't have that much room left though.

7) I need to see more bubble screens to get Rosier going or when he is struggling. Preferably to herndon since he runs with such power and usually gets 5 yards. Do bubbles to get Rosier in a groove Richt while keeping Herndon involved because AR gonna get his.

8) Richt you were bad but you put your nuts right where they are suppose to be, On Jimbo's face. Also RUN the **** BALL and use More Homer. Dude is special man. He has that Duke Johnson skill set expect he is bigger and will try to run through guys. We in good hands after Walton dips.

9) BREAKING NEWS: Berrios and Langham are officially off the J.A.G squad. Cagers and Mullins has taken their place. MORE BERRIOS IN THE SLOT AND LANGHAM INSTEAD OF CAGER PLEASE RICHT. I was having Ryan Switzer flashbacks vs us last year the way Berrios was playing. W.e you did this game for Berrios keep doing it Richt.

10) Manny imo wasn't bad. Like I stated eariler poor, poor run fills by the LBs and not enough TFL by D-line. I also stated that 2 of FSU TDs were off mental breakdown by the players not the coverage or call. 1 of the breakdowns were by a backup.

11) So glad we have a real HC. Nothing but TBs all game like I hoped. The Punter has to do a better of pinning the ball inside the 10 but other then that he was really good in terms of flipping field position.

12) Is it me or do we always get terrible late hit penalties and they all seem to come on 3rd down? As a defense we need to be more displince from late penalties, filling gaps, watching the cutback we need to be more displinced then we'll see our Run Defense improve because it'll be a long day against GT if we don't do our jobs better.

Anyways, GREAT WIN!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also forgot to mention our O-line didn't dominate but there were not 3rd downs where you were hoping the OL could hold up they did a GREAt job in pass pro IMO. We gave up like 3 sacks but 2 of those sacks was Malik jst trying to run out of there when the Pocket wasn't really broke down something a poster mention about when Malik drops his eyes to early trying to run.

As for the run game, I gotta rewatch the game but I kinda felt like Walton was trying to bounce things outside like he did vs Duke and Toldeo instead of just dropping his head and going down hill. Maybe I'm wrong but Homer was just more decisive on his runs not to mention Walton has a nagging injury. I just thought I saw to much dancing by Walton.

The Biggest problem with the defense imo continues to be how much pt backups get. And that was one of my 3 biggest complaints the past few games.

Offensively I'm Sorry But Richts RPO offense needs to be ******* abandoned. The Shotgun Run was just NOT working all game. The Pass option where we'd be running slants were working well, but if its at the cost of our running game, its not worth it. We need to run some ******* singleback. Literally never going under center is not a good way to win. And **** if we are going to stick to the RPO and nothing but the RPO, then he's going to have to get more creative with it like using Pistol or pick up the tempo or something, because It just wasn't ******* working at all.

Advertisement
The linebackers have to do a better job with containment. I’ve seen McCloud take the bait very hard this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcloud is having a slump but Perry is literally keystone cops audition ...

Advertisement
The linebackers have to do a better job with containment. I’ve seen McCloud take the bait very hard this year

They are blitzing all game. Hard to be gap sound when you blitz more than you play fundamental defense.

Seemed like McCloud missed like 10 tackles. Concerning.

McCloud needs to go to tackling fundamentals class. Wrap up young man, WRAP UP!

Go Canes!

Him and 4/5 of the defense need to be in that class.Ive never seen a defense tackle so bad....Akers and Patrick both were hit repeatedly at or behind the LOS scrimmage to break loose and gain a bunch of yds.This needs to be fixed we hope to be even close to some kind of elite D.

Mcloud didn't play well but I expect him to bounce back for the rest of the season. We have bad gap assignments which is crazy as we were better with 3 true FR Lbs. Diaz need to figure of he giving the players too much at this point where they are thinking too much. I don't blame Rosier for his struggles. We couldn't run the ball....at all. Few Qbs cn function like that. Our OL was pretty good in pass pro. Richt needs to put the Qb under center. Our offense is not clicking. That for the future tho. We have outplayed FSU and lost many times. This feels sweet because we didnt

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cager had a rough game.

Homer is a stud and needs to play until Walton is healthier. Walton was just terrible this game.

Herndon needs to get the ball more on swing passes and routes over the middle. Berrios needs to be featured- like many of us have said for three years.

All of the LB's had their moments, but the aggressiveness worked against them.

Rosier is the complete opposite of Kaaya. He doesn't look good doing it a lot of times, but when the moment calls for it, he responds. Two second half comebacks in four games. Kaaya never had one.

You'll read about how poor of a team FSU is, but that team is one of the 10 most talented teams in America. They have more talent than Miami, in my mind.

The biggest gripe I have is the number of snaps the backups get. Look at the pros and the LB's and S's for the Dolphins play every snap of the game. There is no reason Miami's starters in the back-7 can't play the whole game. Knowles is not a starting player at this level. That's not meant as a diss, it's just the reality. Owens plays a lot of snaps, and while the best of the backups, he shouldn't be getting this kind of run.

Overall, I'm going to enjoy the **** out of reviewing the second half of this game film.

Advertisement
Cager had a rough game.

Homer is a stud and needs to play until Walton is healthier. Walton was just terrible this game.

Herndon needs to get the ball more on swing passes and routes over the middle. Berrios needs to be featured- like many of us have said for three years.

All of the LB's had their moments, but the aggressiveness worked against them.

Rosier is the complete opposite of Kaaya. He doesn't look good doing it a lot of times, but when the moment calls for it, he responds. Two second half comebacks in four games. Kaaya never had one.

You'll read about how poor of a team FSU is, but that team is one of the 10 most talented teams in America. They have more talent than Miami, in my mind.

The biggest gripe I have is the number of snaps the backups get. Look at the pros and the LB's and S's for the Dolphins play every snap of the game. There is no reason Miami's starters in the back-7 can't play the whole game. Knowles is not a starting player at this level. That's not meant as a diss, it's just the reality. Owens plays a lot of snaps, and while the best of the backups, he shouldn't be getting this kind of run.

Overall, I'm going to enjoy the **** out of reviewing the second half of this game film.

Big time alligator arms on the play before the half and the miss-timed jump ball cost us 2 FG's.

LB play has been suspect all year.

They’re too aggressive at times and are overrunning their gaps, leaving hella cutback lanes open. And then our contain guys would get sucked inside trying to get in on tackles, allowing fsu to bounce more than a couple of times. At times, they looked like the young LB’s that they are.

Seemed like McCloud missed like 10 tackles. Concerning.

This and only this. I’ve said it since game one. Zach’s awareness is terrible right now. Too bad there isn’t anyone better to take his place. Love his upside but he’s a liability right now. When they run to his side if he’s not out of place he misses the tackle. I said your exact words last night. Felt like he missed 10+ tackles. Hope he figures it out but right now he’s in a Soph. Slump.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back