quick question fellas . Steak.

24/7canes

Recruit
How long before cooking do you season your steak. I know to season after as well but wondering about pre seasoning.

Advertisement
How long before cooking do you season your steak. I know to season after as well but wondering about pre seasoning.
You definitely don’t season after.

Season immediately before cooking with salt, pepper, cumin and jalapeño powder. Bake in oven at 225 degrees until 135 degrees in center then sear on each side in a cast iron pan at 700 degrees for one minute. Set aside and cover for 10 minutes then serve.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You definitely don’t season after.

Season immediately before cooking with salt, pepper, cumin and jalapeño powder. Bake in oven at 225 degrees until 135 degrees in center then sear on each side in a cast iron pan at 700 degrees for one minute. Set aside and cover for 10 minutes then serve.
Ive seen professional chefs season steak and lots of other foods after cooking.

Hamalayan salt black pepper and alittle garlic powder. And a clump of butter on it while it’s on cast iron. Season 20–30 min before

Advertisement
If you want to take your time throw it in the oven.

But you're all grill.. Just season like I said. Get a good sear on both sides about 30sec to 1 min, depending on how hot the grill is,... Then let it cook indirect heat until desired inside temp...the bigger the grill the more indirect you can get (and more beer you can drink)

Advertisement
So, are we talking beef steak, moose steak, bison steak, or the DannyBoy special, bear steak?

Advertisement
Back