Quick Observations from the Game

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
I was in attendance last night. Here’s a couple things I think were noteworthy to share:

- Talked to a guy that sat next to me who was a grad assistant on the team in 2016/2017. I asked him if he heard rumblings about if Richt is losing the team. He replied, “absolutely not.” He went on to say that the team loves Richt. They think he really cares about them as individuals. This is evident in that video last night of Bandy putting his arm around Richt to comfort him when we were about to lose. The guy did tell me that the majority of the people on the team believe Richt needs to hang it up as OC, though.

- In the second half, a fight broke out between coaches on the sideline. It looked like Gus and Thomas Brown, but I couldn’t tell for sure if the second guy was Brown.

- Receivers couldn’t create separation 90% of the time. I don’t know if it was lazy routes, predictable route trees, or a combination of the two, but it’s clear as day from the stands.

- The team doesn’t like Rosier. He was always by himself on the sidelines. After the turnovers, no one came over to support him. Rosier has lost the team, especially the receivers.

- We can’t handle hurry-up offenses. We’re so used to substitutions that our players don’t know what to do when they have to line up multiple plays in a row without rotating out.

- Stacy Searles may be to blame for the line sucking, but it’s not for a lack of energy. He was screaming at them all game on the sidelines. He was getting in guy’s faces and trying to fire them up, but they just didn’t seem to care.

- A positive note: there were a ton of Cane fans there. It was sad we all had to witness such a putrid performance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sorry you had to sit thru that. Thank you for this insight tho

Brown and Gus need to stop fighting each and fight Richt.

If brown and richt are both on the sidelines, who’s in the box helping with play calling? Please tell me you meant Gus and another to be named coach.

Is it lost on anyone that rosier is not liked, if he’s not going to play Perry he should have gotten Williams ready! It’s been an issue for a minute now. Also believe better play calling will help oline look as well.

Perry has made his own bed. He has had every opportunity to step up and can't get out of his own way.

What could Gus and Brown be fighting about? I saw Dugans on the sidelines yelling at guys, too. TV cameras panned the sidelines a few times.
Betting Jon was in the booth.

I think all the public criticism and outright hatred towards CMR right now will cause more problems with the kids than playing Malik. It's pretty clear from the stuff some of the leaders (DJ, Brevin) post on their social media that they support the team and the staff. They feel the pressure from the fans as much as the staff.

If brown and richt are both on the sidelines, who’s in the box helping with play calling? Please tell me you meant Gus and another to be named coach.

Is it lost on anyone that rosier is not liked, if he’s not going to play Perry he should have gotten Williams ready! It’s been an issue for a minute now. Also believe better play calling will help oline look as well.
It was defintely Gus. I’m not 100% positive if it was Brown, but it looked like him. If not, the guy was wearing a backwards, yellow Canes hat. Maybe someone can help me out here.

Advertisement
"In the second half, a fight broke out between coaches on the sideline. It looked like Gus and Thomas Brown."

This is what I was referring to in a previous post when a caller called in on the postgame show about attending the game and seeing a fight. I thought the caller said a player and coach, but maybe he said coaches and I misunderstood.

I was in attendance last night. Here’s a couple things I think were noteworthy to share:

- Talked to a guy that sat next to me who was a grad assistant on the team in 2016/2017. I asked him if he heard rumblings about if Richt is losing the team. He replied, “absolutely not.” He went on to say that the team loves Richt. They think he really cares about them as individuals. This is evident in that video last night of Bandy putting his arm around Richt to comfort him when we were about to lose. The guy did tell me that the majority of the people on the team believe Richt needs to hang it up as OC, though.

- In the second half, a fight broke out between coaches on the sideline. It looked like Gus and Thomas Brown.

- Receivers couldn’t create separation 90% of the time. I don’t know if it was lazy routes, predictable route trees, or a combination of the two, but it’s clear as day from the stands.

- The team doesn’t like Rosier. He was always by himself on the sidelines. After the turnovers, no one came over to support him. Rosier has lost the team, especially the receivers.

- We can’t handle hurry-up offenses. We’re so used to substitutions that our players don’t know what to do when they have to line up multiple plays in a row without rotating out.

- Stacy Searles may be to blame for the line sucking, but it’s not for a lack of energy. He was screaming at them all game on the sidelines. He was getting in guy’s faces and trying to fire them up, but they just didn’t seem to care.

- A positive note: there were a ton of Cane fans there. It was sad we all had to witness such a putrid performance.

As for searles some ppl equate good coaching with yelling. Good coaching is getting your guys to do what u want with good technique

It was defintely Gus. I’m not 100% positive if it was Brown, but it looked like him. If not, the guy was wearing a backwards, yellow Canes hat. Maybe someone can help me out here.

Backward yellow hat guys signal the offensive plays in. Gus probably got tired of their shiity plays and took it out on them. If it was Thomas...I would pay to see that shiit.

Advertisement
Gosh, I wish WQAM would permit one to go back and listen to post game show. There was so much info on there last night. Left Danny speechless at one point.

Regarding brown, I thought he was always in the booth??

Your other observations are in line with what I saw against UVA - rosier by himself, Searles a screamer, etc.

As for the receivers not getting separation, you are correct - you could even see that in the broadcast. It has to do with basic routes, predictability, and ineffective route running. Rather than out scheming people, we are dependent on out athlete-ing everyone. The only way we can get consistent separation on those routes is if we have 5 JT/ARs out there.

Gosh, I wish WQAM would permit one to go back and listen to post game show. There was so much info on there last night. Left Danny speechless at one point.
Might have to see if I can find a link on their website.

Advertisement
Regarding brown, I thought he was always in the booth??

Your other observations are in line with what I saw against UVA - rosier by himself, Searles a screamer, etc.

As for the receivers not getting separation, you are correct - you could even see that in the broadcast. It has to do with basic routes, predictability, and ineffective route running. Rather than out scheming people, we are dependent on out athlete-ing everyone. The only way we can get consistent separation on those routes is if we have 5 JT/ARs out there.

Pretty sure Brown is upstairs.

Advertisement

EXACTLY!!!!! I wondered the same thing when I was at the LSU game. Example: when BOTH LSU's starting corners went out with injury within a span of 2 plays or so, we DID NOT take advantage of the situation. Instead we went 3 and out with runs from the shotgun. SMH a playcaller should always be up top to get a view of whats going on and know personnel.

Advertisement
Back