Quick Hitters From The Duke Game

Advertisement
Kaaya is a **** good college QB when you run an offense tailored to his strengths and give him some decent protection. That RPO was a wonky abortion from the start, and once we got rid of it as the staple of our offense things started turning around.

Kaaya needs to come back and spend the entire offseason working on his movement in the pocket. That's the one thing that will get him murdered in the NFL. Come back next year and show that he can slide around in the pocket quickly without panicking, and he can be a high pick.

Agree 1000%, but will ppl get in his ear to leave now. Imho, he needs to come back. He needs refinement, but I'm not sure he will w so many NFL teams needing QBs and this being a rather "meh" draft for that position

I doubt an NFL team will pick him high if they don't think he can play just because it's a weak QB class. That wouldn't make much sense. He really needs to work on the things I mentioned and improve himself tremendously.

Have u see my Chicago Bears and those Browns??! Lol. Incompetent GMs over draft all the time.

It was fun seeing our Canes finish strong in November...hasn't happened in a very, VERY long time. While it was fun witnessing that, this season still felt like the "what if" season, which is bitter sweet. Sweet in the sense that there's finally a bright light at the end of the tunnel, but bitter in the sense that this team easily could've went 10-2 or possibly 11-1 this season...but I digress. Here's my take on yesterday's action:

-Dumb penalties still need to be eliminated. I'm all for taunting, but not ripping off a player's lid after the whistle is blown

-3rd down efficiency on both the O & D needs to improve greatly

-Need to run more slants and TEs in the slot

-OL is looking much, MUCH better

-Kaaya and Njoku look like they both could be outta here and drafted w/in 1st two rounds

-Walton is the best RB, and in his brief action, I think Homer is #2 . Something about Homer's aggression and burst that makes u feel he's our
homerun guy

-Need to get home more from the front 4 and on blitzes

-Joe Jackson is everything CT9 should be

-ACC officials are the worst

-Carter should've been our SAM, not S

-Need to create more TOs moving forward

We need to win out, carry this momentum in to recruiting season and give something top flight recruits, at home, to think about. All in all, with the progress we've seen from this team, the resiliency to not give up on the season, I think we have something brewing for next year. Win out, and we'll show out next year. Go Canes.

two different type of players.

Add to it..Chad playing hurt I suspect...leads our team in tfl. Its not like hes some bum out there

It was fun seeing our Canes finish strong in November...hasn't happened in a very, VERY long time. While it was fun witnessing that, this season still felt like the "what if" season, which is bitter sweet. Sweet in the sense that there's finally a bright light at the end of the tunnel, but bitter in the sense that this team easily could've went 10-2 or possibly 11-1 this season...but I digress. Here's my take on yesterday's action:

-Dumb penalties still need to be eliminated. I'm all for taunting, but not ripping off a player's lid after the whistle is blown

-Kaaya and Njoku look like they both could be outta here and drafted w/in 1st two rounds

-Walton is the best RB, and in his brief action, I think Homer is #2 . Something about Homer's aggression and burst that makes u feel he's our
homerun guy

We need to win out, carry this momentum in to recruiting season and give something top flight recruits, at home, to think about. All in all, with the progress we've seen from this team, the resiliency to not give up on the season, I think we have something brewing for next year. Win out, and we'll show out next year. Go Canes.

Add to it..Chad playing hurt I suspect...leads our team in tfl. Its not like hes some bum out there

Gogeta4,I hope you're right and Chad is hurt because I focused on him yesterday at the game on obvious passing downs and he was a non factor.Duke's OT had no trouble with him at all.JJ and Harris are the only DEs that can occasionally pressure the QB.

Advertisement

homerun guy

Never said he was a bum, but you have to admit that he's taken off some plays. Maybe he is playing hurt, but I know when he wants to, he can take over (see the last 3 mins of the FSU game)

"-OL is looking much, MUCH better"

Much, much better? Lost me there.

Advertisement
Back