Quick Hitters 3/18

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
-2017 Jacksonvilles Bolles safety Ahman Ross is visiting for Junior Day soon, he told me there hasn't been much communication between him and Miami besides Richt messaging him on Twitter asking about his family. He told me he wants to check out what the vibe is like down in Miami and figure things out. This could be a scenario similar to Tyler Dunning where he visits the Junior Day, but the coaches might not give much attention. He was recently offered by USF and is in talks with Indiana so he could be on the way out of this class. One thing else to note is Miami has offered a number of other local safeties in the area like Amari Carter and Daniel Wright.
[PLAYER]453[/PLAYER]

-2018 CB commit Jalen Patterson is very legit. Patterson has tremendous speed and already looks like a kid who can play his first year at any university with his ability. Patterson is committed to UM, but I'd keep an eye on him. His parents grew up Florida State fans and he didn't really give me a reason for committing to UM. He sounds like a kid who kinda rushed into a commitment and with the previous staff that is something that definitely could have happened. He wants to visit FSU soon, but hasn't had the opportunity to. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up flipping.
[PLAYER]465[/PLAYER]

-Two kids that will be visiting Miami soon are Jacquez Jones and Kane Taylor from Clearwater (Fla.) high school. Jones is a shifty receiver who runs a 4.55, but gets good separation on his routes. Jones has an offer from Miami and hears from the staff quite a bit including receivers coach Ron Dugans and head coach Mark Richt. Taylor is an interesting situation because he can double as a fullback as well as a defensive tackle. Taylor is being recruited at both positions, but Miami likes him as a defensive tackle. Taylor and Jones will both be visiting Miami sometime during the Spring, but Taylor will have a lot of work to qualify as of right now.
[PLAYER]480[/PLAYER][PLAYER]823[/PLAYER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
-2017 Jacksonvilles Bolles safety Ahman Ross is visiting for Junior Day soon, he told me there hasn't been much communication between him and Miami besides Richt messaging him on Twitter asking about his family. He told me he wants to check out what the vibe is like down in Miami and figure things out. This could be a scenario similar to Tyler Dunning where he visits the Junior Day, but the coaches might not give much attention. He was recently offered by USF and is in talks with Indiana so he could be on the way out of this class. One thing else to note is Miami has offered a number of other local safeties in the area like Amari Carter and Daniel Wright.

-2018 CB commit Jalen Patterson is very legit. Patterson has tremendous speed and already looks like a kid who can play his first year at any university with his ability. Patterson is committed to UM, but I'd keep an eye on him. His parents grew up Florida State fans and he didn't really give me a reason for committing to UM. He sounds like a kid who kinda rushed into a commitment and with the previous staff that is something that definitely could have happened. He wants to visit FSU soon, but hasn't had the opportunity to. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up flipping.

-Two kids that will be visiting Miami soon are Jacquez Jones and Kane Taylor from Clearwater (Fla.) high school. Jones is a shifty receiver who runs a 4.55, but gets good separation on his routes. Jones has an offer from Miami and hears from the staff quite a bit including receivers coach Ron Dugans and head coach Mark Richt. Taylor is an interesting situation because he can double as a fullback as well as a defensive tackle. Taylor is being recruited at both positions, but Miami likes him as a defensive tackle. Taylor and Jones will both be visiting Miami sometime during the Spring, but Taylor will have a lot of work to qualify as of right now.

There's an article about Jalen talking about the same thing but in detail...heard Kane Taylor ran a 4.7 at 270 ! I didn't believe it so I checked some recruiting site and 247 has him at 4.7

Kane Taylor, Clearwater, Defensive Tackle

There's an article about Jalen talking about the same thing but in detail...heard Kane Taylor ran a 4.7 at 270 ! I didn't believe it so I checked some recruiting site and 247 has him at 4.7

Maybe hand timed... here are his stats from the Opening in Orlando. Still very impressive.

Kane Taylor
Clearwater (FL)
TE
6-2.5 280
40: 4.97
SH: 4.87
PB: 36.0
VT: 29.8
SPARQ: 86.67

Maybe hand timed... here are his stats from the Opening in Orlando. Still very impressive.

Kane Taylor
Clearwater (FL)
TE
6-2.5 280
40: 4.97
SH: 4.87
PB: 36.0
VT: 29.8
SPARQ: 86.67
probably

Pattersons cousin is a friend of mine. Said he was surprised when he committed cause most of the family is noles or gators. Says he speaks highly of miami and is always wearing miami stuff

Advertisement
Never expected Patterson to stick. Mentioned it a long time ago about him kind of leveraging us for an FSU offer and I mentioned it again a few weeks ago when talking DBs for 2018. I like him as a CB/S.

Patterson is legit but 2018 was truly blessed with a surplus of star DBs in the tri-county & the state. Miami will not hurt if he parts ways with us. Patterson is also close friends with Nkosi Perry, as well as his teammate 2018 ATH Justin Watkins who decommitted recently from LSU.

Ross told me he will be visiting tomorrow for practice.

I love Taylor potential. Jones becoming a hot commodity recently on the recruiting trail, he wants to play WR and it seems that's what we're recruiting him as. The big fish from their school is Adarius Lemons, the RB. Idk where we stand with him, but I would love to get him down on a visit. Doesn't hurt that Lemons, Taylor & Jones are all close friends.

Advertisement
Back