Quick hits

HurricaneU

American Patriot
Nothing is going to bring me off this high right now. Just glad we finally did what it takes to win. We stayed physical and aggressive and got the W. I think every fan was happy to not see the usual 3 draw plays under previous regimes and settle for a field goal to go to overtime.

Random quick hits:

1. Rosier. Yeah. Get your swag on. That game was entirely on your shoulders. I think when we look back on this game a year, two years, five, ten years from now history will recall what a performance that really was in the second half.
2. Why was Walton in there at all? Cat has tremendous heart but he was a liability. FSU knew he wasn't a threat and I believe it definitely impacted their pass defense. Telling me a 25% Walton is better than a 100% Homer?
3. Middle of the field still seems like a barren, dry, desolate wasteland for our passing game.
4. We were the more physical team for four quarters. Give a chain to Ahmmon Richards for the hit of the game on Westbrook.
5. How many Unsportsmanlike and Unnecessary calls did we get? I always hate it at the time but not gonna like, I secretly kinda love it. We are always at our best when we are playing at the edge.
6. Seemed like they were ready for every **** blitz we called.
7. Our D-line was almost too aggressive at the edges.
8. Its hard to notice sometimes but felt like having more depth on the D-line is really paying off.
9. Can we get some more Homer?
10. I want more Dallas, Thomas and Harley. Felt like we could have you used their quickness and been more creative.

Greatest win since the last time we beat FSU? Certainly feels like it for tonight at least.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Definitely need more Homer. Even with a healthy Mark. Change of pass in how they attack seems to be much harder on the D.

How many times do I need to repeat this when it comes to the tired complaints about homer's playing time: PASSPROTECTION.

Homer was great as expected. I'm guessing the staff didn't trust his ball protection or pass blocking. Idk

One of the best ways to protect a passer is running the ball. Rosier's best protection today was his own ability to run.

Advertisement
A t this point i wanted Choc Gray to get a carry or 2. I mean Walton was below 80 percent. We need to use guy slike Jeff Thomas and DJ dallas in the run game as well...jet sweeps or anything..

I was at work during the game, so I was wondering how FSU got all those rushing yards. Was it a combination of the big runs by Akers, et al? Or did their OL get better push off for their run game than we expected?

Advertisement
I was at work during the game, so I was wondering how FSU got all those rushing yards. Was it a combination of the big runs by Akers, et al? Or did their OL get better push off for their run game than we expected?

combination of both, although I think everyone expected them to have a good run game. However, they looked like studs against even though they clearly are not.

Not buying it on the pass protection w/ regards to Walton/Homer. Richt has professed his love for Walton many times. He also showed last game that he preferred injured Walton over Homer when pass protection was NOT the issue as we were up 3 scores late in the game. Plus I haven't seen anything from Homer to say that he stinks at pass pro. Richt just really likes Walton. Walton's a great player but Homer needs to get burn when Walton's injured. Forget pass protection, Walton's injury and Richt refusal to sub him out made us a one dimensional offense for much of the game. That is not something you want to do.

My biggest question......why the **** was Langham even on the field? 4 catches and 2 tds in his career. 3 catches and one TD came against Bethune this year. His only other target in his CAREER was that catch for a TD. It was an amazing play and I'm never going to forget it, but how the **** did that guy end up on the field on that play? Was there no one else? Again I know that seems picky but **** that's a head scratcher for me. Totally happy for Langham, he came up big time and that was a tough guy run after catch. Just crazy it was that guy....wow. What an amazing game.

My biggest question......why the **** was Langham even on the field? 4 catches and 2 tds in his career. 3 catches and one TD came against Bethune this year. His only other target in his CAREER was that catch for a TD. It was an amazing play and I'm never going to forget it, but how the **** did that guy end up on the field on that play? Was there no one else? Again I know that seems picky but **** that's a head scratcher for me. Totally happy for Langham, he came up big time and that was a tough guy run after catch. Just crazy it was that guy....wow. What an amazing game.

Well, you can't teach 6'5". On a 50/50 ball you want your tallest wr out there. And Cager was having a rough outing.

Advertisement

Well, you can't teach 6'5". On a 50/50 ball you want your tallest wr out there. And Cager was having a rough outing.

This. Richards was out. Cager wasn't playing well. And we wanted to throw a low turnover percentage fade route to try to get a TD. Guy is 6' 5" and already caught a fade TD against Bethune. That's good personnel use.

Advertisement
Back