Questions for this who attended the Spring Game:

SFbayCane

All American
1) Did we run any 3 tight end sets? If so, how much?

2) Did we run any 4-3 defensive sets? If so, how much?

3) Did our d line play any 1 gap technique? If so, how much?

4) Were there any walk-ons who stood out?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, a write up would be nice by anyone who attended, especially if they happen to have a uni-brow.

We ran a lot of 1 gapping, had good pressure on the QB

We did a mix of 4-3 and 3-4

Vinnies kid didnt look that bad and this kid alford i think hos name was #22 stood out to me

Didnt see that many if at all 3 TE sets, we did have a lot of plays motioning in the backfield

To add the guys that i had questions about in the secondary killed it today, carter was quick and artie played the ball well, kirby dissapointed me hit the wrong gap a few times and didnt shed too many blocks, the first play he hit the gap perfect but after that he struggled, grace was a beast, trent harris made plays too

I was watching from the end zone with binoculars and was focused exclusively on the middle of the line. I saw zero read and react by the DTs. It was all 1 gap play.

Advertisement
I was watching from the end zone with binoculars and was focused exclusively on the middle of the line. I saw zero read and react by the DTs. It was all 1 gap play.

I'll be damned

I'm sure that will change

Advertisement
I didn't notice any 2-gap stuff. I saw a lot of pressure. Looked like the D-line was getting after it.

A lot of the pressure came from the left side against the second OL.

Never the less, there was no hesitation.

There is also something important to point out here, which is that the DL attacked a gap based on the scheme rather than the same track over and over again.

Advertisement

Of course, a sihtload of us have been biitching and moaning about their two-gap since Golden and D'Onofrio got here just over four years ago.

'Bout time?

What difference does it make? Our HC doesn't want to reveal much that is new hence spring games are vanilla practices, then when it counts it all becomes totally predictable.

Advertisement
I don't know if it was just "show" for the fans but the Dline was not paddy caking out there. They were def unleashed.

I actually thought Kirby played well. It's just that Grace played like a manchild. Juwon Young should have been redshirted last year. He is still not ready.

I am starting to see that "Seattle D" implementation. I guess it would be considered a "3-4 flex aggressive 1-gap" defense?? Whatever the **** it was looked good!!

Advertisement
Back