Questions for Kyshawn George

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some similar questions I put for Nwoko:

What are the biggest areas for improvement in his game?

Does he see himself as a 2 or 3?

How much ball handling does he expect to do? Can we play some point forward?

How much pride does he take in defense? Coach L only plays freshmen who can defend.

Some similar questions I put for Nwoko:

What are the biggest areas for improvement in his game?

Does he see himself as a 2 or 3?

How much ball handling does he expect to do? Can we play some point forward?

How much pride does he take in defense? Coach L only plays freshmen who can defend.
So I guess no one in last year's class of Freshmen could defend.

Also, I've always seen Coach L as an offensive coach first and foremost. I think his defense is an opportunistic one, always looking to turn the other team over, but not necessarily a defense that causes opponents to fear going up against it.

Advertisement
When does he get to miami and enroll?

What made him pick miami?

How did the coaches say he will be used or how does he see himself fitting in the offense?

So I guess no one in last year's class of Freshmen could defend.

Also, I've always seen Coach L as an offensive coach first and foremost. I think his defense is an opportunistic one, always looking to turn the other team over, but not necessarily a defense that causes opponents to fear going up against it.
Larranaga has said it many times if you cannnot play defense as a true freshman you are not seeing the court. Casey played more out of necessity at times. He was not physically ready and that was obvious. He needs time in the weight room. Aire was lost whenever he was on the court. Watson wasn't going to take minutes from Bev.

The upside with this kid is he will be 20 when we hit conference play. Plus, he was playing against men in Europe.

Larranaga has said it many times if you cannnot play defense as a true freshman you are not seeing the court. Casey played more out of necessity at times. He was not physically ready and that was obvious. He needs time in the weight room. Aire was lost whenever he was on the court. Watson wasn't going to take minutes from Bev.

The upside with this kid is he will be 20 when we hit conference play. Plus, he was playing against men in Europe.
Good stuff!

Sounds better than the reality though, imo. Being a Soph/Jr/Sr doesn't somehow automatically make you a good defender.

I'm not sure the definition of "defend" is necessarily the same for Freshman vs others. Maybe he has higher standards for the Frosh to get their minds right to play defense early on in their career.

Advertisement
Good stuff!

Sounds better than the reality though, imo. Being a Soph/Jr/Sr doesn't somehow automatically make you a good defender.

I'm not sure the definition of "defend" is necessarily the same for Freshman vs others. Maybe he has higher standards for the Frosh to get their minds right to play defense early on in their career.
Most of these kids coming out of high school don't know how to play college level defense, period. Your second-year kids better understand our defense after being one year in our system. So yes, they better be better defenders in year two as opposed to year one.

What Larranaga wants off his bench are role players. He is not looking for quality offense first but quality minutes on defense. Last two years we got approximately twelve points per game off our bench. You want to play in our system as a freshman you better be able to defend reasonably well at this level or all you are going to get is garbage time.

Best international player in his league he played with or against?.

Will he help u srecruit others from his area/country like him ...basically whos next to blow up there?.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back