Questions About Duke

mitchellorin

Freshman
I haven't seen much about Duke and his injury on here and I have a few questions about him. First of all, how severe is his injury and how much do you expect it to affect his game? I've never really followed the injuries in football so I'm not too familiar with how significant ankle injuries are for Running Backs. Is it as significant as a knee injury? Along with that, how does this injury affect his draft stock? Many people (me included) have him penciled in as leaving after next year for the NFL, but does his injury potentially hurt his draft stock enough to make it more realistic that he'd return for a senior campaign? I know this is way too early to tell, but I'd just like some insight on what you guys think might happen with him down the road. And my final question is, how much better are we going to be with his return? It was obvious that we were nowhere near as potent on offense after losing him, especially considering our repertoire of play calls are running plays or play-action plays that are a lot less effective when you don't have the homerun threat of Duke in the backfield. Duke is our best player by a long shot and I feel like I don't see him talked about that much so I was just wondering what you guys thought on these topics. Thanks!!

Advertisement
He was on the sidelines at the bowl game without crutches. Likely he will not play spring ball. He probably will be ok then but no reason to rush him back.

Advertisement
That I don't know they can't afford to rush him back. Miami can't do anything to help until he is on campus.

He was really getting banged up without the injury. Hard to win without him next year.

Golden holds out players longer then most. Plus our players take twice as long to heal then most.
Morris was the exception. Should of held him out an let Williams play.

Advertisement
Golden holds out players longer then most. Plus our players take twice as long to heal then most.
Morris was the exception. Should of held him out an let Williams play.
must admit, i laughed out loud.
237.gif

Advertisement
Back