Question.

GoCanes!!

Recruit
Banned
So I saw a comment that said "Just our luck, when we land a ACE Recruiting head coach the NIL changed recruiting".. So what's you guys opinion on this.. Does it even matter to have a great recruiting head coach and staff or is it all about having the deepest pockets? So with that being said who is our biggest asset? Is it Mario? Is it Ruiz? what's your thoughts? Because that comment is absolutely 💯

Advertisement
So I saw a comment that said "Just our luck, when we land a ACE Recruiting head coach the NIL changed recruiting".. So what's you guys opinion on this.. Does it even matter to have a great recruiting head coach and staff or is it all about having the deepest pockets? So with that being said who is our biggest asset? Is it Mario? Is it Ruiz? what's your thoughts? Because that comment is absolutely 💯
It still matters but with NIL, it matters just a bit less.

See I wouldn't go as far in terms of what the original poster said regarding recruiting...if anything, I think it makes a haws like Mario even that much more important. Think of it as the tiebreaker of sorts - if you come relatively close to matching x team's bags (which by all accounts we will in the near future), what does it come down to? The staff the player feels most comfortable with, and who the family trusts more to develop their child and take them to the next level; not just on the football field, but in the classroom, or life in general.

I would argue it's imperative to have an ace recruiting staff, so long as the bags are there. Especially being in Miami where teams love to see us down and negatively recruit against us.

Little bit of both IMO.
You got bag chaser croots/handlers, croots that wanna be with winners and croots that want to go to a place that is as surefire of a leap to the NFL as possible. This is why I think Alonzo is such an astronomically important hire in this regard.

I'll take a head coach and an evaluation department within the university that can sus out who's truly worth going for and who's simply just wanting a bidding war between klansmen schools all day though. Hone in on them targets and then let the contingency of businessness that want to represent the University of Miami and its student athletes do their thing.

/that being said though, if I had fvck you money and could make decisions, I would have a top 5 or 10 absolutely must get list that no one is going to outbid on if it came to solely money (also wouldn't be surprised if thats already a thing here lol)

Advertisement
Back